"Wallpaper" Slabs

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    One extra slab slice size - "Wallpaper" thin.

One free-floating face with no extra polygons (ie: 2 tris tops), textured on both sides if need be, slapped flush against the distant side of the block space.

Most people making small ships are now opting to use the smallest thickness of slab possible to cover up exposed systems. Let's toss people like that a bone and give them something that doesn't stick up a quarter of a meter :)

Reaction score
    that would be nice :)
    Right now,trying to build small interiors (like a small bed,table,etc.) inside fighter sized ships,is really derpy
    this simple thing you suggested would be nice

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    All of my YES. Not only would this make RP TIE Fighters look better, I'd be able to wallpaper things and add carpets and all sorts of new interior things I would never have been able to do before.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    YES. PLEASE. SO MUCH YES. I'm surprised they're not in the original release of slabs :/

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This won't work as you think. A zero thickness slab still technically occupies a full block. You won't be able to properly wallpaper corners of rooms, you could only cover one of the two or three faces.

Instead we need a full block whose faces are invisible from the outside, but visible from the inside and only rendered when touching another block. This, however, would make it impossible to arbitrarily combine different carpets and wallpapers, at least near walls.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This won't work as you think. A zero thickness slab still technically occupies a full block. You won't be able to properly wallpaper corners of rooms, you could only cover one of the two or three faces.
    This isn't really a problem, current slabs already have this, and we're working around it.