VT: A faction story, in pictures!

Reaction score
    Hello!

Let us take a walk down memory lane together. To a time planets were flat, chat boxes popped up on the bottom bar of your screen, and a 300 long ship was considered big!

In the vein of thought which MrNature wrote his stories I have prepared a bit of narrative with comics instead of words detailing building a faction. Unfortunately my art is horrible and my rose tinted glasses are firmly in place so there may be much artistic license with the events told. Also it is highly likely any characters presented will have some polite degree of fun added in for the sake of humor, but it is equal opportunity fun! Much like the faction ball comics which I steal the easy to craft set up and premise from!

Most of it is based on things which happened to some degree, but admittedly I lack omnipotentance so it might be skewed from my point of view.

tldr: I'm gonna write a narcissistic story of self effacement about the Void Templar through drawings a five year old could improve upon. Enjoy, or not if you are the independant sort who does not like being told what to do! Stick it to the man you independant person who has the right to be miserable!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436477107,1436476289][/DOUBLEPOST]

It was a bad idea. Fun side note, we were almost black with purple highlights rather than white with blue highlights. It was also not a catership, but it looked like a caterpiller so I am going to call it a catership.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436477659][/DOUBLEPOST]

Avaire wrecked three bases until satisfied it was in the middle of the sector. Papples was a pretty cool guy actually.

Reaction score

I actually do not know who started the argument with TwoNiner. I do know that about a week or two after moving to Illusive from NASS the CR had fought and smashed numerous local factions and caused a disturbance with turrets that camped out people's bases causing a bit of drama that shook the previously Neutral faction to it's core. See the CR was built on a concept of not getting involved with other people's messes, but brutal reprisal should they themselves be messed with. Though leadership sometimes took words as being messed with and would lash out with terrible efficiency at any slight, perceived or real. I always found their fighting spirit admirable, though some of their membership refused to fight and there was a decided lack of structure for advancement. I went from member to squad leader to admiral in short order without ever talking to some of the other officers. Do not take this as criticism of their founder, TwoNiner did fantastic for what he had to work with, but there were some things I wanted to see done differently.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436482215,1436481752][/DOUBLEPOST]I actually quietly sat off to the side silently hoping Two would reach out and ask for help. We repeatedly offered assistance to CR back then, though they were six to seven times our size. I would have disbanded Void Templar and come back if it meant I could fix the weaknesses and polish the CR's tarnished reputation. He never did. I guess he was mad that I left. I was surprised Leanson was put in charge, but apparently it was a case of Two was going to resign and said who ever wanted to be in charge step forth. Leanson rose to the challenge, so he was put in charge. He was not an admiral, but he did alright as far as I could see. I think rather highly of Leanson for having the guts to try as he did.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It was at this point I had just joined up with CR... Did a single mission for Leanson and then the faction was officially disbanded.

Reaction score
    It was at this point I had just joined up with CR... Did a single mission for Leanson and then the faction was officially disbanded.
    Getting them nostalgia feels yet? I remember you making your own faction and going it alone for the longest time.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It's nice to learn about what VT was like before I joined it.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Getting them nostalgia feels yet? I remember you making your own faction and going it alone for the longest time.
    I had my one man faction. Joined CR for a week then went back. Only in May of this year did I finally close Caldera Empire.

One day Caldera will return...

Reaction score

It was actually kind of hilarious our first attempts at ship building. Our craft looked nothing like anything other people built, and all of them tended to have a bit of a mix of overcompensation and unforeseen flaws. Avaire is a freaking genius when it came to cranking them out though. It was not uncommon for me to sign on and there to be three new ships docked that Avaire built during the night. We also had a nice little system for group building I was happy with. Avaire would throw up hulls and outline the craft, Qlaru would mine for money and spam blocks of systems to rip down, and I would do internals. Each ship we would detail a little differently for character.

The first time we moved to NASS from Avaires tiny private server that we used hamachi for the pirates there DESTROYED us. The ships we made to fight insanths were ripped through like the lone roll of toilet paper at a camp hit by a bout of dysentery. Cirdanoth gave us one of his CR Pilgrims and the three of us collectively gasped with joy (Qlaru, Avaire and I) and promptly duplicated it and personalized them. I miss the Pilgrims, they were absolutely gorgeous. /sigh Our response was the black ships you see above. Those were our harvesters. I took extra amusement pointing out that they looked like caterpillars and were harvesters, Avaire actually lost the first hollow frame en-route from the NASS CR base to the deep space base we had set ourselves up with. We recovered it after Avaire built its replacement from scratch, and I filled it with systems, in a few hours.

Avaire sometimes forgets to put shields in things before letting people fly off with them...

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I still has the Pilgrim. :D

Reaction score

Technically Saria called him that, though the CR folks did get super arrogant with Holy and he was like 'you have no idea what you are getting into do you'

And they didn't.

And it was tragic.

I feel a little guilty putting such a derogatory term down, but I could not think of a better way to make it work in the space provided.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436554420,1436551592][/DOUBLEPOST]

[DOUBLEPOST=1436555285][/DOUBLEPOST]

Qlaru found it hilarious that no one could decide what gender we were at first.

Truth be told so did I.

Reaction score

Question: Were battles actually like this?
    Well there's a lot of artistic license being implemented here. Usually they were frantic affairs that were either over in moments as one side ruined the others shields and drilled into the ship core (which once the ship core took damage the ship died)

Though sometimes people ran and overshot each other and sector switched and it became a tense game of two rubber balls slamming into each other until one side fled or was finally killed.

I do not remember whether or not the Tartaran's ever fought alongside the CR, but I do know the Tartaran's did fight the collective at one point and the collective was harassing the CR for over a week.

I thought it looked cool as a concept and decided to just do it.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    For the most part. Non stop engagements between the infidel borg and the Calderon Navy.

This is leading up to the Mutiny War.

Reaction score
    nb4 incap tells me I am a horrible person for drawing TE ships badly. :<

I really tried.

I did.

:<