Suggestion VOTW, video of the week

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some nice competition and credits for making a good video would be great!

Award a StarMade related video the title "Video of the week"
    this gives the maker a badge and more views for his video.

reasons why we want this:
    1. More videos of StarMade on YouTube.
    2. StarMade advertisement on YouTube.
    3. Something to aim for as video maker.
    4. Amusement for everyone.
    A video maker that want to win has to submit his video on the VOTW thread.
    A video can win if it is: funny, creative, special, innovative, musical... etc.
    The VOTW will be posted on the homepage and put in the VOTW tab, where you can find all the VOTWs.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    you're not aware of all the issues schine has had regarding video makers are you?

This would end in a flame war. Again.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    In the future we will likely have a more sped up development process. By then I suspect Schine will be putting out news letters and blogs more often, where we can feature some of the most impressive content. We will not give out badges for that though. Those are earned when the council deems it worthy. The reward is the exposure itself. If youtubers want our support, they can tweet at us or get in touch via other social media where I am happy to retweet and spread around their content a bit.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    In the future we will likely have a more sped up development process. By then I suspect Schine will be putting out news letters and blogs more often, where we can feature some of the most impressive content. We will not give out badges for that though. Those are earned when the council deems it worthy. The reward is the exposure itself. If youtubers want our support, they can tweet at us or get in touch via other social media where I am happy to retweet and spread around their content a bit.
    I have noticed that "Starmade" or "Schine" is already re-tweeting and sharing different things that people have build, if it is impressive enough.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you're not aware of all the issues schine has had regarding video makers are you?

This would end in a flame war. Again.
    cannot see how posting the best video of the week ends up into a dramatic flame war.....
    I haven't learned the StarMade history, can you explain me? because all I know is that it would end in people going like: I wish I can win a VOTW. never had something like HE WASN'T WORTH IT!!! the council(& maybe shine) choose the video, that's what? 15 people? 20?
    that's enough opinions to choose the best.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Schine used to use Mushroom fleet and people related to them for alot of the videos they used for promotion. Many people, myself included, felt like it was schine unfairly releasing information to them simply because they are friendly. It went on for ages, and lots of people got angry.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    cannot see how posting the best video of the week ends up into a dramatic flame war.....
    I haven't learned the StarMade history, can you explain me? because all I know is that it would end in people going like: I wish I can win a VOTW. never had something like HE WASN'T WORTH IT!!! the council(& maybe shine) choose the video, that's what? 15 people? 20?
    that's enough opinions to choose the best.
    "Best" is entirely subjective, and becomes problematic when both Schine Council members have youtubes (eg; Skyluke, Bench) and preferred recording/presentation formats.

I'm not going to go into the past problems, if you don't know of the community tearing events that happened with Tomato and Calbiri I'm not going to be the one who tells it. We already have a badge that recognizes video makers, which Gold being the thing to strive for in that regard.

Why not just have a global sub-reddit for people to post videos to, if my understanding of reddit is right, then the ones with most upvotes ("best" by most definitions) would go to the top. Try that for a while and tell me of any problems that come up.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    "Best" is entirely subjective, and becomes problematic when both Schine Council members have youtubes (eg; Skyluke, Bench) and preferred recording/presentation formats.

I'm not going to go into the past problems, if you don't know of the community tearing events that happened with Tomato and Calbiri I'm not going to be the one who tells it. We already have a badge that recognizes video makers, which Gold being the thing to strive for in that regard.

Why not just have a global sub-reddit for people to post videos to, if my understanding of reddit is right, then the ones with most upvotes ("best" by most definitions) would go to the top. Try that for a while and tell me of any problems that come up.
    it sounds like something people go "ughhhhhh" from when they even hear about it. sounds like I suggested a sensitive subject

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schine used to use Mushroom fleet and people related to them for alot of the videos they used for promotion. Many people, myself included, felt like it was schine unfairly releasing information to them simply because they are friendly. It went on for ages, and lots of people got angry.
    Cookie here is suggesting simply for certain people to get exposure. Not to get any secret info about updates.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Cookie here is suggesting simply for certain people to get exposure. Not to get any secret info about updates.
    He said he didn't know why schine has had issues relating to video makers before hand, I explained it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    He said he didn't know why schine has had issues relating to video makers before hand, I explained it.
    after reading it another time I now actually get it xD

but this is not a reason to not motivate video-makers.
    all I'm saying is somebody creates a video and then they submit it. not first submit and then create, that way you can't have "exposure" or something like that.

after actually understanding what therimmer96 said, I have to say that it looks like you are talking about YouTubers reviewing upcoming updates and stuff, is that true? if so, I'm talking about normal videos with content that is available for all players at the moment of making

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    after reading it another time I now actually get it xD

but this is not a reason to not motivate video-makers.
    all I'm saying is somebody creates a video and then they submit it. not first submit and then create, that way you can't have "exposure" or something like that.

after actually understanding what therimmer96 said, I have to say that it looks like you are talking about YouTubers reviewing upcoming updates and stuff, is that true? if so, I'm talking about normal videos with content that is available for all players at the moment of making
    No I'm talking about any content as long as the quality is good.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I dont see a problem with for promoting a Video on the page/launcher/forum from time to time
    (not necessarily weekly, that would force you to choose one that might not be that good)

So doesnt that sound like a job for the council to decide on which Vid to show ?
    (not all of them are video creators ;)