Suggestion Voted badge

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can we get a "Voted" badge to show that we participated in council elections?

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No, just no.
    That would be one of the most stupid badges they could make for us. It has no purpose at all and doesnt tell anything about a person like the existing badges do.

A "I voted" badge would not make any sense to have especially since there are going to be so many more elections where you can vote. And it's not really a feat or an achievement or anything. you insert 5 numbers on 5 random people and that's it, and you want a badge for that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    These responses are perfect examples of why neither of you received a vote from me.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    No.

Badges do 2 things, acknowledge community involvement, and perform as a kind of credentials when you post advice or assistance.

A voted badge would do neither of these, and so many people would have it it would be 100% pointless. Not to mention the easiest one to get beyond buying the game.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    These responses are perfect examples of why neither of you received a vote from me.
    Good luck voting for me anyway.
    Besides the Devs already said a long time ago that they would not add more badges unless it was really needed.
    Adding things such as the rail and logic badge was needed when rail and logic creations went wild with insane creations.
    There is absolutely no point of a "I voted" badge, it wouldn't server any purpose at all rather than being a showoff badge for that you voted

Reaction score
    Knowitalls are out in full force in this thread. Good work.

"No, just No"

"Devs said this..."

SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

Rant over, continue on with whatever knowitall bullshit you were doing.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think its more like common sense kinda thingy. the voting badge is just silly.
    "Look I breathe air! is there a badge I can get for that" kinda stuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Knowitalls are out in full force in this thread. Good work.

"No, just No"

"Devs said this..."

SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

Rant over, continue on with whatever knowitall bullshit you were doing.
    Knowitalls, you use that word but I dont think you know how to use it.

With the exception of myself and my skylordluke's first response, everyone's response to this suggestion has a pretty reasonable explanation. Most of the explanations are personal opinions and speculation on the subject matter. Which is how the suggestion forum is suppose to be conducted. Someone puts out an idea, community discuses. Thats it. And to note only one of the above responses references the devs plans for badges. So I find your post unnecessarily inflammatory and moronic. But I guess im just a knowitall.

Reaction score
    Knowitalls, you use that word but I dont think you know how to use it.

With the exception of myself and my skylordluke's first response, everyone's response to this suggestion has a pretty reasonable explanation. Most of the explanations are personal opinions and speculation on the subject matter. Which is how the suggestion forum is suppose to be conducted. Someone puts out an idea, community discuses. Thats it. And to note only one of the above responses references the devs plans for badges. So I find your post unnecessarily inflammatory and moronic. But I guess im just a knowitall.
    haahaha thanks for the heads up man.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    [rant]
    I dont wear badges because of reasons:
    -I linked my steam account to starmade where I bought the game but still don't have the badge
    -I picked up the game almost 2 years ago now and even paid for it then (thank you scott manly) but that was before steam greenlight so I lost the install when windows 7 done corrupted itself. But their was such a large gap in time in where I didn't pick up the game again that I don't think it really matters anyways, and wouldn't count.
    -I won't start displaying badges until I get some that are meaningful, and get time to work towards those meaningful ones. Like a new computer to start recording videos again... (no minecraft this time).
    [/rant]

But what I think you should do, is have someone make a banner or something, for you to put into your SIGNATURE.
    Really, this is more appropriate to where it belongs, the signature.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No.

Badges do 2 things, acknowledge community involvement, and perform as a kind of credentials when you post advice or assistance.

A voted badge would do neither of these, and so many people would have it it would be 100% pointless. Not to mention the easiest one to get beyond buying the game.
    So voting in the council elections is not "community involvement"?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452022167,1452022045][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [rant]
    I dont wear badges because of reasons:
    -I linked my steam account to starmade where I bought the game but still don't have the badge
    -I picked up the game almost 2 years ago now and even paid for it then (thank you scott manly) but that was before steam greenlight so I lost the install when windows 7 done corrupted itself. But their was such a large gap in time in where I didn't pick up the game again that I don't think it really matters anyways, and wouldn't count.
    -I won't start displaying badges until I get some that are meaningful, and get time to work towards those meaningful ones. Like a new computer to start recording videos again... (no minecraft this time).
    [/rant]

But what I think you should do, is have someone make a banner or something, for you to put into your SIGNATURE.
    Really, this is more appropriate to where it belongs, the signature.
    I feel the same way about signatures about the same you apparently feel about badges.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    No, but posting once on the forum is also community involvement. Should we have a badge for that aswell? You have to draw a line for a minimum, otherwise its going to be flooded full of meaningless badges.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452022167,1452022045][/DOUBLEPOST]

I feel the same way about signatures about the same you apparently feel about badges.
    now.. I feel like you want this badge because you have no other badges,and you want to get them with 0 [ZERO] effort..
    go right here and see what badges you can get: https://starmadedock.net/help/trophies

Start working for them.