VOIP and Communicator Block

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. VOIP, like for example DayZ, be able to speak through the microphone on a certain range lets say 120m, this would lead to less ''lets just shoot that ship down'' mechanics

2. Communicator Block, what if I see a ship in the distance or a ship coming towards my space station
    I present to you the communicator block, just like a cannon computer you put it in your cockpit hotbar, then you select the ship through the navigation screen and press the communicator block (lets say we put it in slot 3 on the hotbar, then after we selected the ship we press 3) the person on the other ship will now hear a beeping sound for 5 seconds, if that person also presses the communicator block while beeping, it will create a voice connection between you and the other person (aslong as you're in the same sector) to stop the connection press the communication block again.

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I personally like this idea, but how about you're also able to communicate with any member of your faction from anywhere?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I personally like this idea, but how about you're also able to communicate with any member of your faction from anywhere?
    If you have relay stations.

I don't like VoIP for games personally. An official support forces everyone in a decent faction into having it because the greater part has it.

I have difficulties understanding others over voip, especially if they are speaking American slang-english.
    And TS at least drains a lot of cpu%

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you have relay stations.

I don't like VoIP for games personally. An official support forces everyone in a decent faction into having it because the greater part has it.

I have difficulties understanding others over voip, especially if they are speaking American slang-english.
    And TS at least drains a lot of cpu%
    I usually avoid VOIP too, i just think that a LOT of people would like it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Try Discord. Much better client.
    But the problem here is, that I don't know all and I neither know which is compatible.
    I am am a VoIP newbie when it comes to programs other than Skype (Microsoft-property :() and TS, because I have reasons not to spend too much time with it.​

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    But the problem here is, that I don't know all and I neither know which is compatible.
    I am am a VoIP newbie when it comes to programs other than Skype (Microsoft-property :() and TS, because I have reasons not to spend too much time with it.​
    Discord is really light weight on your system resources, and is really simple to run--it works more like an instant messenger for changing settings and joining rooms than something like TS.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I like the ideas of a Comms system, but there is always the fact that you can just run a vent/mumble/etc client outside the game to get around it. The thing that couldn't get around it is NPCs though. We should have comms for interacting with NPCs and Drones. There is a huge amount of gameplay possibilities there.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Discord doesn't yet have a Linux client. How can they have a Mac version without a Linux version? (Rhetorical question.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the ideas of a Comms system, but there is always the fact that you can just run a vent/mumble/etc client outside the game to get around it. The thing that couldn't get around it is NPCs though. We should have comms for interacting with NPCs and Drones. There is a huge amount of gameplay possibilities there.
    Well although VOIP will probably not be used by friends, because they use a third party program like Skype, its excellent for communicating with strangers in servers for example some random guy that flys up to my ship