Read by Schine Void Spaces

Reaction score
    Q> What is a Void?

A> The lack of something, an area without some thing

Anyway you get the idea, Void space in star made is meant to be Empty, this means no stations, no stars, and no planets, and no well nothing, yes you can build in void space, but there are no shops, and no ways to get materials, as pirates should avoid void space, now the occasional daring pirate in a higher tier ship would pop over to check out a station in void space, but this would extremely rare, since the void between galaxies should be configurable, and the sizes of galaxies themselves should be configurable, making the config tell the number of stars a small galaxy should have and the number of a giant galaxy should have, and if u want said galaxies to be different types, elliptical, spiral, boxy, or whatever, it don't need to be pretty, it needs to be fun, now this suggestion isn't about just the emptiness of space, its about a form of game play, and i'm sorry to say that crossing the void between galaxies should take you a day or two, and not be done by the faint of heart.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I haven't personally left my local galaxy yet, but I have traveled through some of the empty sectors in between the galaxy's spiral arms. At least, I thought they were empty...

True, there were no stars, planets, or black holes and such, but those areas were full of stations oddly enough.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    empty space not empty enough indeed,would be nice if stations only spawned inside the systems within that galaxy. and everything around,absolute void.
    maybe occasional lone rogue ice dwarf planet if you are lucky to find it.

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    empty space not empty enough indeed,would be nice if stations only spawned inside the systems within that galaxy. and everything around,absolute void.
    maybe occasional lone rogue ice dwarf planet if you are lucky to find it.
    Schema pls

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pls schema indeed! There's no reason for all those stations and shops to have been built out there, anyway, logically or lore wise.

A rare brown dwarf star or cold, dead world, the odd station, asteroid or ship flung from the galactic disc millennia ago all sound reasonable, as rare treasures of interest among those who enjoy trawling the emptyness for them or run into one on the trip to another galaxy as an extremely lucky break, but not a spiderweb of stations.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Pirates should be more common on the outer edges of galaxies, and shops should be less common. Where the trading guild isn't, pirates should spring up. Void sectors should be, well, void, besides the occasional curious higher level pirate seeing what crazy person is building in the middle of void space.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Presumably the great factions decided 'Hey, lets blow millions upon Millions of Marks to build a ton of space stations to do nothing, where? In the void between galaxies.'

Reaction score
    Yeah, I agree completely. Although maybe making some void specific spawns would create something sensible to do in the void. Something along the lines of a destroyed trade ship with some cargo left or a destroyed pirate flagship. Something incredibly rare so the void is still the void but worthwhile enough to look for, so that the void isn't just downtime when flying from star to star or galaxy to galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'd also think maybe that void galaxies should exist, it's kind of strange that such a small area of space as a few galaxies is homogeneous. An empty galaxy space should have a few rogue stars and maybe could be the place for pirate "boss" bases but otherwise be a great void.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want to again drop an idea that I have been championing: Derelict Ship Spawns
    I want to see ships with various (randomly generated) damage that spawn in void space and asteroid fields.
    These should be "Derelict" just like the stations, and you must use credits to remove the derelict status.
    An additional restriction should be to make them rare: VERY rare. On the order of 1/1000 or more.
    They should have hostile fauna, and chests filled with a small amount of loot. (not pirate station levels of loot, but something there in the chests anyway)

This would add to the enjoyability of the game.

Reactions: NTIMESc
    Reaction score
    Another observation that struck me while crossing the void: The ship is brightly lit as if by some sun, when there is none. I have no idea how much of an effort it might be, but in my opinion removing the sunlight from void systems would add a lot to the atmosphere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd like to see derilict ships spawn that have no radar signature and no lights on so you'd have to look for the core using the new flashlight. Maybe have spiders or other creatures spawn in them too, but then again that might ruin the whole "dead and cold" aesthetic of everything.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Maybe they could add some custom ship sounds as well. Occasionally the ship would creak and moan, stuff in that nature. Added with enemies that could really make searching derelict ships scary and even life threatening.

Reactions: Ixalite

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What about an occasional, ancient dreadnaught from a forgotten war that has drifted for millenia in the void between galaxys... And that might wake up if you disturb it...