Visual effects, and Secondary Effects.

Reaction score
    Hey i just had some ideas. I dont know if they are good for you guys but i like them.

First the Visual effects. Ok i like how i can somehow create new weapons by combining others with it, but id like to see some visual effects to see actual difference, not only in frequence or damage. Like that:

You take a Cannon, add pulse as support (its what pushes up damage right?), and Punch through as effect. so. Now you have a badass cannon with high reload and high energy consumption which can if used correctly punch trough a whole ship. Id like to see some effects to see difference from when i use a cannon without anything. Like somekind of pulse like muzzle flash or something. and there is another idea for this configuration, how about, having no cooldown, but a charge time? You have to charge the shot for at least x Seconds to shoot it and there could be a charge effect too. Well thats minor changes i think and not needed, but they would be cool anyway. Well i could only think of this configuration for now but you get the idea.

The other one are Secondary effects, like you can mount two or more effects on one weapon. I know i know, fear of the all devastating omniweapon, but i thought of it like that. For the first effect you can adjust the power of the effect by adding effect blocks yeah? so the best is 1:1 if im not wrong. I thought the second effect needs 1:1 just to add any effect, and reaches 100% if its 2:1. and it raises with every extra effect. So well you could have a omniversal weapon, but at the price of Very high mass, waste of room and ultra high energy output.

Well thats just an idea too so i thought to share it with you guys. Hope some of you find them good^^

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    starmade really needs to have its presentation worked on
    right now i love the gameplay, i just want it to look, sound and feel prettier :)

Reaction score
    I have always wanted to see some cool firing effects when using weapon combos in the game. Like, a beam with a pulse slave system upon firing would create a bubble of energy that expands, and then compresses into a smaller, brighter ball, with the boom shooting out from that. A cannon with pulse slave system would be similar, but instead of compressing, it just implodes completely and then shoots the projectile out. A beam-beam system would create a spiral of energy at the end of the barrel and then shooting.

I can't really think of anything else, but that's just some ideas as to what would be cool to see in the game.

Reaction score
    Exactly! Thats what i meant, i mean i know the balancing, content and stability is more important, but something like that shouldnt be too hard as far as i see and would be awesome.

Reaction score
    Yeah the little things like making it look pretty will hopefully come with time. I like your idea though

Reaction score
    This and the ability to change the color of projectiles would be awesome!

Good idea for the anti-omnipotent weapon thing too.

Reaction score
    This and the ability to change the color of projectiles would be awesome!

Good idea for the anti-omnipotent weapon thing too.
    You can change the color of the projectiles. You need to put a colored light block next to the weapon computer.