Recognized by Council Virtual Ship Construction Sector

Reaction score
    Currently shipyards allow players to create blueprints with infinite resources, And they can also let the player test-drive the ship in a virtual sector, I think that starmade should have a new block that can be placed on any object and allow's players to design ships within a virtual sector.

Reactions: alterintel

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Excellent Idea, However no need to make a new block. why not give this ability to the shipyard computer. Make it so that you can build in creative from the test sector within the shipyard computer? And make it so that you can build in a shipyard computer without an anchor or modules.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Excellent Idea, However no need to make a new block. why not give this ability to the shipyard computer. Make it so that you can build in creative from the test sector within the shipyard computer? And make it so that you can build in a shipyard computer without an anchor or modules.
    I think more then a sector you really need to be able to work and build in a full area so you can build and test game mechanics.

Specifically stations shipyards and other ideas.

Reactions: WitherFireGaming

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    so what you want is be able to load ships into the virtual sector to test ships?
    the thing you said yourself is already possible to do?
    I don't see the point of this suggestion as what is being suggested is already in the game one way or another, and you even stated that yourself.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    so what you want is be able to load ships into the virtual sector to test ships?
    the thing you said yourself is already possible to do?
    I don't see the point of this suggestion as what is being suggested is already in the game one way or another, and you even stated that yourself.
    What we can't do currently is work on a design in the virtual sector in creative. All changes are lost. Which I think is unfortunate.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    What we can't do currently is work on a design in the virtual sector in creative. All changes are lost. Which I think is unfortunate.
    That's called singleplayer and creative

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    That's called singleplayer and creative
    Why break the immersion? Sure you can do it now but it would be better to switch to it without having to close the game and start it again. Also this doesn't propagate the servers config files which could be vastly different. The test sector lets you do all of those things.

Reaction score
    As was said before, there's no need for a new block for this, but as a function of Shipyards I really can't see a downside.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So do you mean you want to have a normal inventory build mode and the creative tab in the virtual reality?
    the blocks from creative mode would be lost when returning to reality and the ones from your inventory are saved. is that what you mean? Or do you want to save the blocks that you use in virtual reality with creative mode? Which would essentially mean spawning in blocks for free. Please, try explaining your goal with this suggestion and the problem you might solve with it. Daniel L. maybe you can also add something to your original suggestion.

Please quote or tag me when saying something to me, thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So do you mean you want to have a normal inventory build mode and the creative tab in the virtual reality?
    the blocks from creative mode would be lost when returning to reality and the ones from your inventory are saved. is that what you mean? Or do you want to save the blocks that you use in virtual reality with creative mode? Which would essentially mean spawning in blocks for free. Please, try explaining your goal with this suggestion and the problem you might solve with it. Daniel L. maybe you can also add something to your original suggestion.

Please quote or tag me when saying something to me, thanks.
    Currently, any changes you make to your design in the virtual test sector are not saved.
    He wants the design to save changes.
    This has no relevance to 'real' blocks. The only thing this would effect is the design data.

I agree, this should be a thing, but no need for a new block.

Reaction score
    Make a comand for the shipyard to design a ship in VR. Spawns you in the test sector on creative mode. You can save the design of a ship by BPing it. The design will go in the shipyard inventory.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Aaaaah this would go really well with being able to save a blueprint into your local data because if the blueprint would end in the shipyard or backpack you need to complete the ship to save it. I really like this actually. A safe and easy way to design a ship.

Reaction score
    Sorry guys for not being around in my own thread, I've been down with a really-really bad cold lately and with my asthma it could only get worse, Im still not better so please dont expect full cooperation yet.

Now aside from that i create these threads with the expectations that my own ideas are very flawed but might be a base, And i generally prefer to leave it to the rest of the community to brainstorm on the general subject.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Make a comand for the shipyard to design a ship in VR. Spawns you in the test sector on creative mode. You can save the design of a ship by BPing it. The design will go in the shipyard inventory.
    Then just make sure to show the shipyard struts as the hologram.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Currently shipyards allow players to create blueprints with infinite resources, And they can also let the player test-drive the ship in a virtual sector, I think that starmade should have a new block that can be placed on any object and allow's players to design ships within a virtual sector.
    I can haz plz?
    This would be a wonderful thing for those of us who are forced to play on toasters rather than proper computers. It's been suggested before but it's no less of a good idea. I would also like to design ships without the shipyard structure or hologram. Sometimes I like to make my builds a surprise for my faction.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This has been proposed before, when shipyards were being introduced. Glad this came back up. I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to create this feature as part of it already exists!

Reactions: Benevolent27

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea. I had just posted one actually, since I didn't find this one when doing a search. I think that at first they could simply put creative mode on in the test sector, and then later on make it save the entity to the shipyard design when you leave the test sector.