verticle docking port

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i came apon the idea that maybe having a verticle docking port so that people can nose the shit into say a starbase or something instead of having to land it, that way your core doesnt have to be exposed for your ship to port it can dock it to a docking port via the nose instead of having to have it dock to your core and nothing can be on the bottom of your core. i dont know it jsut kinda came to me that i wasnt sure if you could place a docking port on the nose of your ship and then dock it to another docking port jsut thought id throw that out there since im sure there are a lot of others wanting the same thing. and it would open up a ton more building ideas for many out there.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    you dont have to have the core exposed to dock on a normal docking port

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    even still making a verticle one where you can palce a dockinging port on the nose of your ship and dock that way would be a bit more convienant

Reaction score
    it true only turrets got the core open to be seen but a turret core is coverd by the ship it self and yea for big ships dockign is kinda like exsposign the core since the dockign beam is to short to even leave the ship so to dock a big ship u have to soem how brign the dockign unit in to the ship now this means u are still exsposing u core more than u want to and u need a space that is atleast 2 times u ship to dock it since u have to sink in the dockign module