Vertical Rockets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi.

I was trying to make a vertical rocket (as opposed to plane-like horizontal ships) but it is not possible. My original thought was to make a horizontal facing rocket and have the internal gravity facing towards the back of the ship. But the gravity block does not change the direction of gravity based on it's orientation. After deleting what little actual building work I'd done, I made one facing vertically to the core, this time hoping to have a cockpit tooking out of the top of the ship. Also not possible. The orientation of the cockpit block doesn't affect the direction of the viewpoint. This is dissapointing.

I think that when the orientation of the gravity and/or the cockpit changes, there should be a change in the direction that block works. So if gravity faces sideways, you fall sideways, or if a cockpit is facing up you look up. This would also allow for side views when flying the ship, and epic walking-on-the-ceiling action.

Anyone agree?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would reeeaaallllyy love this feature. Te cockpits more than the gravity though. i really want the view of the ship to face towards the cockpit is aiming. i\'d really really love that. Like real ships. The point of having big ships is to make them long, so when you are running away, they have to tail you and you are a smaller target, and when you attack, you do it sideways, so all your weapons can be arranged in the sides, dealing brutal damage, letting allies take control of those weapons could be awesome too!!. That way, having a crew and stuff could be pretty amazing. But with the actual cockpits, you can\'t really see where you are aiming your sideways guns.