Various Surprise "Achievements" during gameplay

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Simple idea to directly manipulate the pleasure centers of various players.

Random achievements based on activity in the game. They don't change the game in any way. The game client simply tracks some statistics, and if some things add up, bingo! A simple message box reward message.

Example Message Boxes:

[You have explored five asteroids in the local belt!] (After simply loading in five sectors with asteroids in them)

[You have created a structurally sound super-thruster!] (After laying down a significant group of thruster blocks)

[You have destroyed five pirate aces!] (Counting pirate ships destroyed and reached 25 or some arbitrary number....)

[You have fixed a problem in the structure!] (After laying down an arbitrary number of blocks when building.)

[You have explored the Alpha cluster of systems!] (After simply loading in sectors from five different solar systems.)

This will simply add some fun to the client side, so that the game feels more like a gambling game of chance, with which you are enjoying a winning streak, without adding any processing to the server.

Messages could be replaced by flashy icons, or turned off.

Theoretically, this could be built as a wrapper around the game....

Reaction score
    I loathe achievable.

But it will not detract from my enjoyment in any way, so I will support this.