Various small stuff

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1. Inactive Faction Cleanup - server.cfg option to delete a faction if a member doesn't login for X days.
    2. Asteroid spawning variable - server.cfg option to adjust asteroid spawning probability per sector. Will be helpful with servers that use larger sector sizes (especially with the new crafting system to make mining more useful).
    3. Character hotkey jump for menus - For when say, uploading a local blueprint. If I'm in a dropdown menu, and I want to select something that begins with an S, I'll press S and the menu will jump down to the top of "s" named ships.
    4. Commas option - Local option to display commas for variables (like energy, shields, etc.)
    5. Increase build mode "dashing speed" based on scale - If a structure or ship has larger dimensions, give a local option to scale (increase) astronaut speed in build mode.
    6. Station based radar/pinging block - There really is no reasonable way to deal with permacloakers hanging outside your base, waiting to inflict delicious grief (besides praying your swarm missiles don't hit all your own stuff). There really should be an option to deal with this kind of stuff at your station.

Reaction score
    1 Yes
    2 Brilliant
    3 Also brilliant
    4 What do you mean by this? Do you mean [power],[powerCap]? Or do you mean 1,000,000 power instead of 1000000?
    5 Yes
    6 I didn't know this was a problem, don't mock me for being an idiot but do the turrets detect them?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    4.Exactly, an option to display 1,000,000 instead of 1000000. I admit I may be retarded, but I often find myself with my face on my monitor squinting and counting zeroes on my bigger stuff.

6. Not until they uncloak. AI won't react to a cloaked ship. If they're using lock-on missiles from a distance it's tough to deal with, since they can re-cloak nearly instantly.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    6 I didn't know this was a problem, don't mock me for being an idiot but do the turrets detect them?
    You can spoof them with missile-beam combos. As in, you can still lock onto a cloak/jammed target but you need to know the general heading first and that's exceedingly difficult to do.

Reaction score
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes, i do agree there should be a way to deal with perma cloakers, how some other games try to deal with cloakers is to make them unable to attack because if they attack, they are uncloaked. But i dont know how that would work out in starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think having a flat 2-5 second (tested for balance) cooldown on cloak and jam ON/OFF is more than fair.

Reaction score
    4.Exactly, an option to display 1,000,000 instead of 1000000. I admit I may be retarded, but I often find myself with my face on my monitor squinting and counting zeroes on my bigger stuff.

6. Not until they uncloak. AI won't react to a cloaked ship. If they're using lock-on missiles from a distance it's tough to deal with, since they can re-cloak nearly instantly.
    #4 No, you're not retarded. I agree with this idea. The current one is too hard to read (Especially in a fast paced firefight.)
    #6 Maybe up the power requirements for stealth, so that you can't have a super brutal ship AND perfect stealth?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    #4 No, you're not retarded. I agree with this idea. The current one is too hard to read (Especially in a fast paced firefight.)
    #6 Maybe up the power requirements for stealth, so that you can't have a super brutal ship AND perfect stealth?
    I kinda like the power requirements how they are, but maybe make them more skillful to use? Would like to hear how other rusemen feel about this. It's so easy to just back off and slam cloak again. I think a cooldown on reactivating cloak after firing would be fair.