Various conceptual ideas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Abandoned spacecraft: as the title sais, instead of just the abandoned space station there could also be a variation of abandoned ships that contain a balanced amount of loot.

Floating asteroids: at the moment they are all static, moving asteroids will force you to collect their resources using your beams instead of landing and collecting material manually, adding variety and and better atmospheric and aesthetic feel.

Asteroid belts surrounding planets: series of small asteroids surrounding the equator of the planet, adding to aesthetic and making it more of a challenge to reach certain planets.

Trading craft: small group of around 3 spacecraft, one larger craft will offer you trades, e.g you offer certain supplies and in return instead of credits they will give you other supplies, the other two ships are there to guard the "trade" ship, you can choose to destroy the group and salvage supplies or simply trade with them.

Colonies on planets: colonies can be placed on planets, some are hostile and others are friendly, this can be identified on the navigation tab, this will add to the exploration factor.

Allies: on colonies you may be able to find or buy an ally, they will come with their own ship, you can then upgrade their ship by using it's build mode, making sure you hook up all the additions you make so that the friendly ai can use them, the ai will follow you and will help out e.g you attack it attacks, you salvage it salvages, just to make things simple, I'm sure in future more complicated aspects of control could be added.

Seats for ships: this may sound silly however if playing with a friend and they are aboard your ship they can sit in this seat so that they are not floating and bouncing around in the ship, therefore the orentation of the ship won't affect the member inside.

Simulated wars: allied and bandit forces are engaged in battle, you can choose to intervene or stand back and salvage the wreckage that is left.

black holes, supernovas: these act as danger zones, get to close and you could potentially die, this is purely for the purpose of aesthetics and adventuring that you may randomly come across one of these.

space colonies: a mother ship is in space and is home to many people, you can dock on it and go into it to buy from a shop, trade or find allies to help on your adventures.

Limits on a fleet of allies: you don't want to have people running around with 20 allies blasting everyone away, the idea being in single player you are limited to 2 allies at any one time, you may disband them for other allies also, on multiplayer servers they can have the option to turn allies off to balance the game and reduce lag.

Build a ship mode: for those who don't have time to play the game this mode allows you to use all the blocks without limit to build a ship for showcasing, the game developers and players can rate the ship you have made so that it may be incorporated into the game, the ship you have made in this mode may not be used in single player or multiplayer in order to not ruin the experience of genuinely playing the game.

-----------

Graphical features:
    - general smooth lighting (shadows) to compliment the bloom, these can be toggled on or off.

Nebula, gas clouds: add to aesthetics, you may come across a gas cloud or nebula, these could possible have effects on the ship.

Thank you for reading, feel free to pick at my ideas I understand they are not perfect I've just noted down everything I could that I feel would add variety, I understand also that the developers already have a vision of what they want this game to be and I respect them for allowing us to voice our suggestions and concerns for all to see.

Good luck with development and I hope everything goes smoothly, the game should be great as the groundwork for the concept is already in place and plenty of people are enjoying it already.

The Clown

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game is really fun, and me and my buddies have beeen playing for a while. I see soo much potentialfrom this game and I can\'t wait to see the future for it!

Keepup the good work!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Love your ideas.

I agree that things need to move more instead of being static, I mean our universe is constantly moving.

And it would be great if planets have things on them, to encourage exploration.

However the seats idea is .... odd. If you use a gravity block you can tie yourselves to the objects own gravity. i.e. no matter what the objects\' orientation, you\'ll always be the right way up.

However seats/lounges could add ambiance to the game. Especially if you wanted to replicate a ship from fiction that had seats. e.g the Normandy from M.E., or Serenity.