Various bugs (to which I have found no pre-existing topic)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Money reset bug:
    At a certain (large) amount of money, my money reset to zero.
    Im unsure if this is just a bug or if I hit the 32bit int's capability. It was that famous 2,147,000,000 number.
    If its not a bug, i hope there is a way to fix, getting that much money really wasnt hard at all.

Ship "reorganization" bug
    While playing, the game crashed for some reason. (Unsure, sent a log report though.)
    When I logged back in, I found that my ship had undegone hilariously catastrophic destruction.
    Essentially, the ship was cut into its layers and spread out across 1500m.
    I have no idea how this happened.

Turrets losing blocks bug:
    Logged out, logged back in, the turret was magically missing blocks.
    there were no mobs, nor players. So it was certainly not shot at. (There were also no holes from block damage. the blocks were simply missing)

Entering ship, wrong camera mode bug:
    Occasionally, when i enter a ship the view doesnt lock to the ships reticle. I can look around as I could outside of a ship, but am totally unable to change which way the ship is looking.

I have not determined any common cause and generally log in and out until its fixed.

Rendered ships arent really there bug:
    Occasionally, a ship that I can see isnt really there. I.E. I cannot enter it, shoot it, or remove/place blocks.
    Leaving the sector and returning usually fixes the issue.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I\'d just liket o say good work, this is what we need testers doing. I\'ll add one more to the list...
    When spacewalking, you may hold down your \'complex build mode\' key and mine huge sections (However large you have your complex add.remove dimensions) of an entity by hand. Using it I was able to get 10,000,000 credits worth of loot off of a station in just a few minutes without pirate hunting.

Reaction score
    I havent tested it lately, but the credit reset bug was \"supposedly\" fixed, if youve tested this in the past week or so (since soft borders) then it might still be bugged, but your credit is supposed to cap at 2.147 billion, not reset.
    although the veiwpoint issue you mentioned can be considered a bug, its tied in to a Debug hotkey/option that schema didnt mean for us to have access too. If he doesnt remove the option, then yes, its good to have the bug mentioned. You can also try using the right-shift key to get out of that mode without resorting to reloading methods.
    your ship getting scattered across the sector... crazy, havent seen or heard of this one before :P

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the scattering sounds scary :(
    It might just be a local cache corruption though. Try deleting the folder client-database from you starmade dir.

The credits issue will be handled soon (the fix that you cant go over max should be fixed already): In the future the credits difference will be much tighter, so huge amounts can sum up quickly.

The losing blocks might have come from a sun (they do damage to ships in neighboring sectors). I have yet to add a notification so players know that they are damaged.

I have yet to find a way to reproduce the other bugs. They seems dependent to concurrency, which are the hardest ones to fix :(

Reaction score
    I have also seen this, I have noticed that it happens when the mob is at the corner of the sector it is in. I cannot fire at it and it will not acknowledge me until I am in the same sector, which is sometimes hard to find.