Planned Various ai factions that actually do stuff

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i was wondering if we would every get various ai factions that would take control of systems and guard/patrol them. like the current pirates would be made into an agressive warlord faction. trading guild into a corprate like fation that protects it's intrests. an alien bug infestation faction where various types of space bugs will infest a system and fight aganst you.

And the pirates would get a random assortment of broken down ships from all the facations that are weaker than the faction ships

and a couple more if anyone can think of other ones to implement

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps maybe use the search function next time; this has been suggested several times.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    At first I thought it would be neat if individual planets could be inhabited sometimes, and that if you attacked their world their faction would go aggressive towards you. Until I thought that out to it's logical conclusion.

"Oh, this planet has got three separate sides of Rammet! Oh, its inhabited. I had better kill them all down to the last man, woman, and child to make sure I don't get any revenge bent raiders coming after me later."

Yeah, kind of hit me that complete and utter genocide for no reason other than you want their stuff might be a little dark.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wonder if anything is ever going to happen.
    "Planned" in this millennium ?

The whole mechanism is rather vague, including setting available ships for factions (AI or otherwise).
    Some settings ingame, some in the server config file.

A good explanation for everything would be great.

Reaction score
    I wonder if anything is ever going to happen.
    "Planned" in this millennium ?

The whole mechanism is rather vague, including setting available ships for factions (AI or otherwise).
    Some settings ingame, some in the server config file.

A good explanation for everything would be great.
    There is a timeline for the PLAN
    Since last dev Q&A, now we have RAIL system
    And HP system is coming soon, partly of HP system is already in dev
    There is a priority issue among planned things (we need the data of system A to work and balance for system B,etc)
    it takes a long time to code the game since we only have one major programmer, our magic cat schema:schema: in the past
    and now we have two more programmer, so things will be implemented faster overtime. just look forward for it :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There is a timeline for the PLAN
    Since last dev Q&A, now we have RAIL system
    And HP system is coming soon, partly of HP system is already in dev
    There is a priority issue among planned things (we need the data of system A to work and balance for system B,etc)
    it takes a long time to code the game since we only have one major programmer, our magic cat schema:schema: in the past
    and now we have two more programmer, so things will be implemented faster overtime. just look forward for it :D
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Where is the THE PLAN?

Also, great game, but perhaps priorities should be set?
    I love that the game is progressing and I fully appreciate that people are spending their time on this.
    Can you not delegate less important stuff to other programmers that want to help.
    Using one key person is never a good idea for a project.

Keep up the fantastic work though, I truly love this game.
    Until the next one.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Where is the THE PLAN?

Also, great game, but perhaps priorities should be set?
    I love that the game is progressing and I fully appreciate that people are spending their time on this.
    Can you not delegate less important stuff to other programmers that want to help.
    Using one key person is never a good idea for a project.

Keep up the fantastic work though, I truly love this game.
    Until the next one.
    i am not a schine member, i am just a tester
    i am just telling you what i know, i am not delegating anyone
    And i know there is a plan, with a lot of things inside in different priorities
    But i do not know the full detailed plan. I only know the next update is HP system
    And the next one after HP is highly possible the Shipyard

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    To stop this thread moving away from the OPs title.

Could we please have different ships for each AI faction?
    I saw someone suggested sub folders (perhaps in the default blueprint folder?).
    But whichever way, I would like to see at least different ships flying for trading guild and pirates.

Reaction score
    That's what we do in every other games. Mainly RPGs though...
    ...And? StarMade is its own game, that isn't meant to be grimdark. I can't actually think of a solution other than NPC-populated planets being barren of resources, though. Unless resources were just the same everywhere, which is not good either. If you attack a faction, they should attack back, and so on, but still. Maybe they could stay in space? That'd be weird though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ...And? StarMade is its own game, that isn't meant to be grimdark. I can't actually think of a solution other than NPC-populated planets being barren of resources, though. Unless resources were just the same everywhere, which is not good either. If you attack a faction, they should attack back, and so on, but still. Maybe they could stay in space? That'd be weird though.
    Or, you know, not being so grim-dark as a player and just not harvesting an inhabited world. There are thousands of procedurally generated planets. I doubt more than 10% would ever be populated with sentient races. Let populated ones be and pick another.

I think it would be cool, though, if populated worlds would trade their resources, or trade blocks that could be made from their resources.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    if planet core mining was implemented we wouldn't need to scoop up entire planets for resources, but that's none of my business.
    Besides, modern man has been doing this whole "let's take what's theirs because we want it" thing for ages. More wars have been fought over resources than over any other reasons combined. It's kind of in the human nature.

Being less grim-dark, it would be fun if not only the TG allowed trades. If inhabited planets spawned a "starport" or a "Mining facility" on one plate that could be used for trading, there would be the good reason not to blow that particular planet up. It could have a stock of minerals found on that planet's plates that renewed over time (because the locals were mining it to make a living?)