USS Excelsior A

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay first off I would like to say that my last build didn't pan out the way I thought it would. However I went to http://www.scifi-meshes.com/ for a new model I would like to thank the artist for there work in creating this model us to use, I converted this and imported it a month ago I worked on it here and there but it is close to being completed and ready for you guy to download.

So here is my attempted starship from a 3D model.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    OKay, interiors could use a little bit of polishing, but they're good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well keep in mine I am just starting out at this it is going to take some time to get my barrings in this game.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    For a new player you're doing quite well. =) Keep up the good work, continue to polish your building and honing your style. Looking forward to seeing what you build later on.

#needsmorewedges.
    I hate hashtags, but I love that this is becoming a thing. lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well thank you Zana I am trying to learn how to build without using a model as a base seems it is somewhat frowned upon.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    It is usually "frowned upon" because lot's of people load in ships form Smedit and don't do anything to it beyond that. However no one usually minds if you bring in a model, then continue working on it to advance it's quality. For instance if you wedged the entire exterior of this ship people wouldn't be too concerned with where it originally came from. If you added a full, highly detailed interior there would be even less concern about it.

It typically comes down to the effort put in, the more effort made to create/improve the build, the better it is seen by others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well I hope to advance my build as best I can and thank you for your support

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well thank you Zana I am trying to learn how to build without using a model as a base seems it is somewhat frowned upon.
    It's completely fine. Of course, you won't impress people as much as if the ship was original, but it's still 100% fine for ship recreations.

HOWEVER, what I DO frown upon, is when people try to pass off imported models as original ships and basically think that we're idiots. Well, I think that these people can go f*** themselves.

But you're all good since you gave credit where it's due :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It's all fine, as long as you give full credit, and the original author has given permission. Its often done with recreations because it makes it easier to properly proportion things, and often involves alot of work. A 3d mesh is never a prebuilt ship hull, and often involves tearing it down to a wire frame that is just a basic guide and starting from there.

Just don't be ehrehin. You will regret it. You would be surprised how easy it is to find 3d models that people use :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    of course I would I give credit where it's due I am not an Asshat that would just take credit for someones work I hope to one day build my own ships but I have to take baby steps into learning this game,