Using the Bridge to control the ship?

Reaction score
    As the title says I'm looking for ways to control the ship using the bridge rather than just jumping in the core. I put the core in a battle bridge nice and secure with all indicators and actions. But it doesn't have the view that the bridge has. The ship is big enough to have room in the bridge for all the needed buttons and logic.
    Basically I'm looking for speed, course and gun controls by means of in-game logic.
    I'm very interested in your opinions and ideas on this and a happy camper if it is already possible.

Edit to avoid frustration: What is below is what I suggest this is NOT how it works in the game.

So is it possible to control the engines with an activation switch? I tried slaving the engines but nothing happened when I activated the switch. (didn't use the button on this)

Don't know if a method for course control is already there. For setting a course my idea would be using a display and a sort of navigation computer. Slave the display to the nav then type the desired sector in, after which the ship would turn in that direction. Will be interesting if that sector is reached though, going around in circles provided the ship can turn quickly enough :)

For the weapons, is there a generic way to turn on/off the AI? At the moment a number of guns are set to attack the selected target which makes it a bit awkward if I select a planet to determine my distance. (guns start attacking the evil planet)
    Also if I'm standing on the bridge and select a target it would be nice if i could set that target also as a target for the AI controlled guns. Perhaps a targeting computer that needs to be activated (with a button :) ) and then sets your current target as the selected target for the ship that the computer is located on?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I know you can use logic for "cruise control", where you set a course and the ship follows it at a set speed until you turn it off. I've never seen anything to suggest you can change course without entering the Core - we don't have reaction thrusters, after all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you can set push modules and pull modules to go back and forth, but unless you're in the core, you can's steer...

Everything else that's a computer can be pretty much fired with logic, however.

Reaction score
    Thanks, the push method works. Time to expand the engineering section a bit :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    where you set a course and the ship follows it at a set speed until you turn it off.
    Not a set speed unless you mean max server speed, and even then it will probably take a while to accelerate to that. You can get a regular pulse from a Push, but how that effects speed depends on the power of the Push and the mass of the ship.

you can set push modules and pull modules to go back and forth, but unless you're in the core, you can's steer...
    You could probably rig a Push system to adjust your heading, but expect an incredibly high turning radius,

AI can be turned on/off thru the Entity->Rail menu

Reaction score
    Thanks for the AI tip, that is an other one down.

I would recon that with one pulse interval one could accelerate and with a longer pulse interval maintain a certain speed. Although the latter would take some tweaking to get it right and allows only one speed as acceleration depends on speed and mass.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think someone was messing with push beams to steer the ship while not in the core but outside of that the AI is handy.