Using 'Pulses' to mine.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey guys, so the only way to really mine atm is giant checker-board style arrays, which is fine and you can make pretty decent looking minners atm.
    However having that many beams can be quite taxing both performance and server wise and itd be nice to have more options available.
    I would quite like to see 'damage pulses' useable as a mining tool.
    E.g salvages linked to pulses, or pulses linked to salvages.

So what are the cons/pro of the 2 systems:?

Arrays:
    ->Much longer range
    ->Fast reload
    ->Both precise and in-discriminant mining
    ->Much more versatile
    ->Very lower power cost
    ->Causes perfomrnace/server issues when doing large scale mining.

Pulses:
    ->Very short ranage, with limited area of effect.
    ->Would work like how it currently does at destroying blocks, except it deposits them in your cargo.
    ->Less lag and performance issues when mining.
    ->Very high power cost
    ->Long reload
    ->Very in-discriminate mining (no need to spend minuted trying to get that last block)

Arrays would still be well suited for mining, but itd be nice to have other options available which expand upon game play and open up new building possibilities such as specialized 'pulse' minners.

What do you guys think:? How could we expand upon the current mining system?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Then you could set them up in a triangular "drill" pattern, first cutting a small hole, then bigger and bigger, until you sink your whole ship in to the planet's core....I love it!

Reaction score
    As much as i think this is a good idea, I have posted my own idea on the matter of mining in the game, as I think that mining could be much more involved and fun. Here.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How about this a singularity Missile that opens a portal directly to your cargo.
    So it won't be to over powering it can't bypass shields. Shields have to be down for it to work and it doesn't take shields down any on its own.