[US-Based][RP]The Crucian Expedition [9 Crew Openings!]

Reaction score
    I know :> Just saying I would like to have our own look that\'s shared with every ship in our fleet. If Bench designed us a ship I\'d be ecstatic, but I can\'t allow use to adopt and really just violate perfectly good and creative ships just to make it easy.

Reaction score
    To make a ship that really comes out and says \"I\'m a part of the Crucian Expedition\" You have to decide what kinds of ships we would have.

Where did we get them? How are they built? What materials do we have? What kind of faction are we?

Factions who use direlect ships would have messier, rag-tag ships. Factions that discovered alien tech would use odd, alien ships.

Factions that don\'t have the proper resources may not have the necest-looking ships either, as opposed to rich factions that can have the most proper fleets.

Do we use grey steel, or do we only have access to some kind of other-worldly material that shines purple/red/what have you.

A marauding faction would have intimidating ships. Merchants would be more streamlined. Colonists would need something fast, but has proper defenses.

For some good examples, look at the Covenant. They use the technology reverse-engineered from Forerunner findings. They also, clearly, only have access to a purple metal. The origin of their ship architecture is anyone\'s guess though, as Forerunner tech tends to be very angular.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ya this information would be helpfull as I have a couple designs floating in my mind

Reaction score
    I wasnt expecting a officer or admiral postion thought i might as well just make one so we have something to start with. i can change everything very easy.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of sleek, thin ship design that has outboard engines. Think Naboo style starships from Star Wars, smooth, sleek, long with external engines and housings.

Of course we don\'t want to rip that off completely, so we\'ll vary it up with details like Exhaust Grills, Vent Hoods, antinnae, extrenal features, etc.

Currently I\'m designing the outline for the CVX Explorer which is the Scout Caste Officer Ship, and its pretty rough at the moment, I\'ll post it with the blueprint file on the OP and allow the Architects to play with it, but the skeleton is what I\'d like to push us towards.

Right now, build small, and give us concepts -- the ships don\'t have to function at this time, but more give us an idea of what they\'ll look like so we can construct them to fit in the future. I\'ll be working in Photoshop this coming week to make us a banner and other items for use about the forums.

Reaction score
    Name: HeadZone

Caste: Warrior

Experience w/ Starmade:

I have been playing for some time now almost whenever i get time which is when im not at school and with how i just moved back from jamaica after 4 years i dont really know anyone so i get ALOT of time. maby on skype i will drag some of my friends from jamaica on and increase the numbers if there is still spots and/or needed. but before i started to play i would watch some videos from youtube to get my bindings. (sorry about the extra info i feel like i should add some background informations in my applications.)

Experience w/ Systems:

I know all the systems related to ships but the only thing i dont understand are the factories. but that i a reason why i choose warrior is becuase i assume that is not involved. of corse i will do other tasks is asked or nessesary. also the turrets which dont fire when needed. they seem to hate me so i dont rely on them, this i presume is a gilich though.

please take my application in consideration and additinal details please message me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll have a go at a ship with sleek outwards engines but for now would it be ok if i use ships from gunbuster like the Exelion and the Eltrium as referrence?
    http://www.gearsonline.net/series/gunbuster/ships/bw102.jpg

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/gunbuster/ships/bw30.jpg

Although i\'d have to scale them down since in the show they\'re atleast 1km long each. . .
    Otherwise google images \'sleek ships\' will have to do.

*Edit: I made this tiny thing, somewhere around 200 mass so should i aim a bit bigger?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ursn602lkgvloo2/starmade-screenshot-0019.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s22656w6tnxeoee/starmade-screenshot-0020.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bswye1d1i63j13b/starmade-screenshot-0021.png

Now i\'m going to bed cod dam.

Reaction score
    Hi, I\'m interested in this. I think it\'s a great idea. Here is my app for when we have a server up and running BUT I also have a few questions:

APPLICATION

Name: mdingrimsby [Call me Mike]

Caste: Scout

Experience w/ Starmade: Only a week but during that time I\'ve essentially done what a scout would do. I have created a Google document and logged everything about every sector [Planet, type of ores, asteroids, stations etc.]- I guess you can call me a control freak in that way. So this seems an ideal role for me.

Experience w/ Systems: Not sure if you mean server systems or not here?

-------

My questions:

How serious will this roleplay be?

Are there other factions? By this I mean pirates will only entertain so far. Are there other factions we will have to overcome etc. Or are we relying on the roleplay dynamic to push this forward?

Reaction score
    We\'ll be playing on Eternia hopefully, where we\'ll be fighting against the Military Faction -- we\'re probably going to be developping mostly through construction and internal RP.

Mike - Accepted as a Scout.

HeadZone - Accepted as a Warrior.

KrazyKat - Accepted as a Warrior.

Error - Accepted as a Steward.

Also, could we all direct ourselves towards our Faction Forums at http://crucianexpedition.enjin.com/forum. We\'ll be handling Applications from there.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL THE NEW THREAD CAN BE CREATED. THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MONITORED AFTER THIS POST.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lol, I already applied for that server on friday, I guess ill have to ease my way into the faction, hah. But their server has been having issues so who knows how its going to pan out x(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: Wyguy

Experience: I have been playing for a total of a month or two and have learned how to build effective ships in multiple categorys, I am currently piloting a Hates-Class Battleship and am skilled in piloting both large and small vessels.

Experience with systems: The only system type to which I do not fully understand is factorys, thus my warrior caste is justifyed. If assistance is needed in getting systems online I will be more than happy to help.

Question: I currently pilot a Hades-Class Battleship and by my knowledge the warrior caste does not support heavy weight ships, would it be possible for me to pilot my ship regardless? or do I need to move up in rank before such things are authorized?

Thank you for your consideration.

-Wyguy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You might like it:

http://star-made.org/content/rp-eternia-over-three-hundred-applications-accepted-release

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hit me up, I\'ll build you something if you\'d like, just tell me what you\'re after :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: CaptainClarke

Ship: Destroyer

EXP /w Starmade: About a Month

c:

That is all....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: 8unknown7

Ship: Frigate

Experience with StarMade: Very experienced, playing for 4 months now.

Experience with Systems: Not really inteacted with them, hence Warrior Caste.

I bless you with the Orion\'s grace. From the UK. If that\'s cool.