Bug Upon loading into the game no menu appears

Reaction score
    EDIT SOLVED
    Hi,
    Today, I have encountered an unusual bug for me. When I load into a singleplayer game no menu appears so I am stuck with a moving background. I did not have this problem before when I used a demo version of the game, what is to me weird because it is the same game.
    To fix this I have tried to check integrity of game cache on steam, built in troubleshooting tool, complete redownload of the game. My video card drivers are fine as well, so I am kind of lost. The game settings are default as well.
    Any suggestions would be great.
    Thank you for your time.
    EDIT: added a small picture of the screen which I get after loading (the rest is usual background).

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Have you tried using a different resolution?
    Yeah. It does not seem to be dependent on resolution because the glitch stays. Basically I get a message saying Hello PlayerName! Welcome to Starmade! This message is in a square which has a bit different background that the rest (I took a closer look this time and it looks like). The rest is just a moving background, like if you would be turning around.
    Thanks for suggestion though.
    Picture added of the corner (rest is normal)

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Corrupted game files maybe. (your screen shot is a liiiitle bit to small to see much ;) )

If you are not playing singleplayer (and are not still in need of the SP Universe then), just delete everything from your starmade install folder except the Blueprint one (if you did save any blueprints that are still needed) and then unzip the following install zip into it .

files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20150319_050107.zip

(that is the .19174 release version of the game)

this is just to root out any download problems with steam of which have been some seen.

If that is then still not working. please search for settings.cfg in starmade and log.txt.0 and grafcisinfo.txt in starmade/logs .. add them to a zip file and attach them here.

Reaction score
    Problem solved. Apparently deleting the game through control panel/steam does not delete all files. So to fix this problem you need to delete all files from a steamapps/common/starmade folder. I think the initial corruption happen when I installed the official game over demo (at first it instantly found the game, while later it completely redownloaded it).
    I hope this will help anyone with similar problems