• Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hello,

I have my own mini server.
    settings:
    Code:
    USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = true //allow star-made.org authentication
    REQUIRE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = false //require star-made.org authentication (USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION must be true)
    PROTECTED_NAMES_BY_ACCOUNT = 2 //How many player names a player may protect with his account (if exceeded, the player name, that was logged in the longest time ago gets unprotected)
    NT_SPAM_PROTECT_EXCEPTIONS = 127.0.0.1 //ips excepted from spam control (separate multiple with comma) (default is localhost)
    NT_SPAM_PROTECT_ACTIVE = false //enables connection spawn protection (flooding servers with login attempts)
    I using only one computer, only one name, but I need to use "Uplink To Star-Made.org" every time I want to join my server "localhost:4242", if I don't uplink I get
    "Login Failed"
    "Server Reject: this login name is protected on this server!
    ..."
    I must click "Uplink To Star-Made.org", fill User Name and Password and I check "Save Login (encrypted)", then it allow me to join.

I do not know if the problem is in server or client, but I reinstall both multiple times, but no change, I must uplink every time I want to play ( multiple times per day).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Simple: since you were uplinked once, and USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION is true, your ingame-name is protected, and you need to be uplinked in order to access it. change USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION to false and you won't have that problem anymore.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yes but then the username will be unprotected.
    I was meant by:
    I have my own mini server.
    not singleplayer, but a server for 20 or 30 players.(less than 100 is mini for me :))

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well, then there is no way around it. To my knowledge it is not intended to have any connection regardless from where be exempt from uplink check.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think it work for others because I find no report with similar problem.
    But I have no idea what I can have wrong.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Its a glitch that I get sometimes. The way to fix it is to go into AppData/Roaming/.starmade and delete the file called cert

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This not help. The same is done by "Delete Saved Login".
    After file is deleted, I use uplink and new file is created with name and password hash(or something), but if I leave server instantly and try it again I must use uplink again.

Reaction score
    As far as I can tell, this seems to happen when the server and client are running on the same machine.

I've had a "dedicated" server running on the same machine I use for the client (as the OP seems to, or anyone in single player mode), and experienced the exact same problem of the server not accepting my credentials except when I uplinked every time I started the client.
    After I moved the server process to its own physical machine — old laptops ftw ; ) — I can now just connect without having to uplink more than once.

Of course I can't tell whether there are other scenarios where that happens, but physically separating client and server processes "fixed" it for me.