Uplink issue

Reaction score
    *edit
    Fixed my problem and no longer need help.

New folder fixed it for me for whatever reason.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok this sooooooo frustrating my username AND password are the same as on this site when trying to uplink and it still doesn't work.. I couldn't have misspelled it because it gives me the IO exception "oauthe/token" every single time and ive tried to uplink like a million times!!!!! I logged in and out of my citizen account, and theres no option to change your password at the link that you provided, this update today completely screwed over my starmade universe and my main server that I play on!! I reset my singleplayer world because of a SQL exception and now it wiped my player profile on one server, but not the rest and of course that's my main server... Theres no way im entering my password wrong

IKindaCrashAlot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, I tried the password reset and I tried changing my password but it said that my password token has expired or something, and im 100% sure im typing in the exact case-sensitive username I use on here, I tried my email, my ID, my password case sensitive and not. I know its not because my grammatical errors because ive tried every possible password or username in the uplink thing and it always gives me an IO exception

IKindaCrashAlot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OK... I fixed the uplink issue by making a shorter password, but when I uplinked It didn't fix my profile on the server, I don't know why my profile was cleared when I wiped my universe because multiplayer has nothing to do with that

Reaction score
    I dont understand.. (Bear in mind I am poor with computers)

So I buy Starmade through Steam, it works

Then I go to Starmade Registry and link my citizens registry to "Emblin"(My in game name), Cap correct and all that. And it works, my accounts are linked together

Then I go to my server, and notice my upgrade has not applied (No * in tab to indicate upgrade)

I then look at the posts regarding the problem on this forum (this page) and follow the steps to UpLink my account

I can log onto Singleplayer, but if I try to UpLink then play on the RedShift server.. It says "Server reject! Server login name protected by server"

I try every solution I can find on Google, and this page, I ask around the people on my server with a ton of questions on what to do, and no one can figure out why

Now here I am asking you all for help

Reaction score
    Okay after about 3 difficult, stressful and very confusing hours (for me, not my helpers) I was able to get an admin to delete my protections using /player unprotect Emblin (something like that) then uplinking as an Emblin1, then leaving and Uplinking once again with my actual account, and it worked.

so im solved