Upgrade download servers

Reaction score
    I have noticed downloading any update takes forever, is there any plan to upgrade the servers to make it faster?
    If not I suggest you do. I got up to 50KB/s when I and my friends downloaded the last update, which is very slow. I can usually download games at around 6MB/s

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I just ran the updater and was getting 200KB/s, and it took less then a minute too update. Maybe you are far enough away from the servers its causing an issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This probably is just a problem with your provider and/or client. Even I don't download starmade files at 50 kB/s.

Reaction score
    This probably is just a problem with your provider and/or client. Even I don't download starmade files at 50 kB/s.
    Well even a few of my friends had the same download speed from it. And as I said, I download other games at around 6 MB/s. Which means it's the server, they probably need a better CDN.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Other games usually are a single big file to download. Ping issues don't matter there.
    However, StarMade updates the files separately, causing many separate downloads. And on each of these the ping adds.