Updating turret systems

Reaction score
    Hello, I'm having an issue with the new turret system trying to get them set up on a ship that I had before the rail update. I am trying to use the new system with the turret rails and connectors but am getting and error message that reads that the new rail system cannot be used with the old turret stuff. I have (so far to my knowledge) deleted all the old turret stuff I have on the ship including the turret enhancers and am still getting the same issue. I know the rail system is working as I have been able to set it up on bases, planets and other ships that I started after the update. On a side note I am also having issues with my larger turrets operating at extremely slow speeds with the BOBBY AI modules active but work normally when I manually control them. Any recommendations on either of these topics would be helpful

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You probably missed an old docking module somewhere.

Try to select the whole ship in build mode and use the remove filter to delete all "turret ducking units" and "docking modules" as both types need to be gone to place the new rail system blocks.

For the turret speed issues:
    You probably need to add mass enhancer blocks. Add them to the ship to support the turret base and add them to the turret base to support the turret barrel. Any turret mass over 50 will require enhancers to support full movement speed. The movement penalty doesn't apply to manually controlled turrets (I don't think?)

Reaction score
    If it is a missed old docking enhancer or dock try making the selection box big enough to encompass the entire ship in build mode, (symmetry mode helps) and use the tools that let you select particular blocks, e.g docking modules, select and do a remove on the ship, and make sure they're all gone. If it's an old ship, also save the blueprint, delete the ship and re-upload it so the blueprint is remade to work correctly with the current version of the game. Ships and their blueprints from older versions of StarMade can glitch out.

Problems though is the old docking system and new one don't work together, even a single block of either at the same time will stop both working from what I have seen, so chances are it is that you've over looked a block or two and removing them will fix it.

Reaction score
    If it is a missed old docking enhancer
    FYI only docking modules block the rail system, docking enhancers don't so it should be fine to leave them in place. You'd probably want to delete/replace them eventually, just to be safe, but it isn't necessary if you just want to upgrade your ship/station/...

Reaction score
    If it is a missed old docking enhancer or dock
    #FIFY Valck
    I was going for a broad spectrum method. Pointless having docking enhancers of you have no docking modules. Better safe than sorry, if it's the old docking system bugging the rails better to nuke the lot.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    FYI only docking modules block the rail system, docking enhancers don't so it should be fine to leave them in place. You'd probably want to delete/replace them eventually, just to be safe, but it isn't necessary if you just want to upgrade your ship/station/...
    It'd be saner to replace the old enhancers with the new rail mass enhancers to save on headaches later. Luckily the locations of most of the docking points are easy to find unless you are hunting for turrets. XD