Updating OpenGL to 2.1?

Reaction score
    Greetings.

Me and my friend wanted to play Starmade today, but after much troubleshooting and Googling I decided to post here instead. Apparently, his graphics drivers "don't have the capabilities". Direct quote: "Sorry! Your graphics card does not have the capabilities to run this Game :( You need a graphics card capable of OpenGL 2.1". Though I've updated my drivers before I forgot how to and I'm terrible at explaining things. Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to fix this (if it's possible)?
    Because it isn't my computer I don't have his specs, and I'm not sure if me or him know the right place to find out. If you need this information just ask and preferably tell me how to find out (I might know where to already, but I doubt it).

Thanks.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can't upgrade OpenGL in software. It is a set of actions that your graphics card can run.

However, I did make a tool for checking if your computer can run Starmade, right over here.

Reaction score
    You have to buy a better graphics card. An Nvidia GTX750 Ti will run starmade very well and they are cheap.

Reaction score
    I assumed it was probably a hardware issue. Thanks for the help both of you.