Updating a SMProhosting hosted server

Reaction score
    I don't know anything about linux. What do I need to do to get my SMProhosting Server updated to the latest version? I downloaded the starmade-starter.jar file... but what now? All of the server files are on the SMprohosting site.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    smprohosting updates the game version themselves, which i find highly frustrating. I havent found a way to update the game as of yet, and ive had no word from support (which isnt a surprise). To be frank im not at all impressed with their service, they seem rather sketchy. A good bit of their links are 404\'d and they dont give you alot of information about themselves.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I\'m having the exact same problems, just wish there would be a more reliable host out there thats US-based.

Reaction score
    Well they updated it last night... now it won\'t restart. :S Glad they gave me 7 days to get my money back.

They might want to toss a few \"How-Tos\" up on the page.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m able to login on the other servers but the smprohost server is still down. Might want to try tweetin at them/send fb messages to try and get some response like I\'ve been trying to do.

On another note anyone know other US based starmade hosts?

Reaction score
    Same, I own a server from smp, sent in a ticket 2 hrs ago and notta, however i have noticed that thier Contact Us is 404 and so i cant really contact, looking for a more worthwhile host something more stable, and hopefully more helpful.

-Kev-

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Received this message 2~ hours ago

We are in the process of updating all servers to the latest version of StarMade. You should expect to see this update shortly, If the issue is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time please do not hesitate to contact me again.

hopefully it\'ll be up in next couple hours.... hopefully.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And the last 2 days I\'ve only gotten a response every 24 hours. If nothing changes I\'m gonna look into a VPS cause this host is absolutely horrid.

If anyone has a VPS they can recommend/a tutorial on how to setup a VPS starmade server let me know via PM.