Updated to latest client, can't find the Rails system blocks

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    The title says it all. Is there a specific process I need to do to update my local database?

(Bear in mind - I did not partake in Dev Builds that featured the Rails system.)

Reaction score
    Rails should be under the General->Dock tabs in the shop but the shop will probably need to be restocked if you already found the shop before the update

Asvarduil

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Rails should be under the General->Dock tabs in the shop but the shop will probably need to be restocked if you already found the shop before the update
    So am I to understand they can't be crafted?

Reaction score
    Was hoping/assuming they would have made/changed a recipe for rail use before release as old docks are......

Asvarduil

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Was hoping/assuming they would have made/changed a recipe for rail use before release as old docks are......
    Reporting that as a bug. You should be able to create docking facilities even if you're (nearly) out of resource, provided you can cobble together a factory of some description.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I couldn't find the rails either after the update. Will have to look into refresh the shop part. It didn't show up in the list of recipes either in the factories. I especially put down new ones just to test = nope.

I'm taking a chance and doing a force download & overwrite everything. I wouldn't be surprised if that works, as I had a problem with a texture pack and I had to uninstall and reinstall to get things back to normal. Just not bothering with texture packs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Force download work! It's in the shops, had to do the restocking command to get them to show up. Still no as far as I can see recipes available in the Factories. Unless of course that's in the works?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Recipes will be added very soon, probably today or the day after (hot fix).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Right, I was wondering about that too, after I found out about the new requirements for factories to run on planets. ;)

Lets hope it doesn't take too long to get the crafting recipes up to date as well.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So, no point in updating to new client for rails and such if they aren't actually available to be crafted or bought if the server admin hasn't gotten the news

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I mostly play single player survival style, so you can buy rail and related blocks in the shops (those you haven't visited if you upgraded a previous install, personally I do a fresh install with major updates), in multi player though you're obviously dependent on the server administrator to get things up and running.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    cmon guys please .... updating to rails and cancelling old docking methods WITHOUT putting the rails recipe in the factories is kind of major to established players on servers . Lets get this on the front burner.

Asvarduil

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    cmon guys please .... updating to rails and cancelling old docking methods WITHOUT putting the rails recipe in the factories is kind of major to established players on servers . Lets get this on the front burner.
    I agree; as far as bone-headed release decisions go, this is a pretty big one. Still, I'll hold my nerd-rage to see how (quickly) they go about solving this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    oh thats not Nerd Rage ..... my pocket protector is still in the top drawer with my bow ties :)