Update Weapon Effect Looks

Reaction score
    Weapon effects look really bland right now and totally off from the fantastic looking blocks which we have and is also hard to differentiate between the support tools and damage beam weapon

Heres what I think would look cool:

AMCs are fine, just update the lighting and texture

Damage beam looks too smooth, needs to look more powerful something like this

Missles should have their "glare" at the back not the center, and have maybe a glowing body, dumb fire missles could have dim trails instead of the glare with a short body while nukes can have a large bright glare with a long body

Pulse needs to have deeper colour and a slightly distorted look, the texture shld be something like this

Repair can look like this with a flat wide beam instead of a single line

Energy Supply something like this

Shield supply maybe this

not too sure what to put for the drain beams maybe something like those in the movies which looks like a energy funnel

most of the pics are from starcraft 2 which is also a space scifi game. They serve similar function in starcraft 2

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    +1
    I really like those ideas.
    My main issue with the current beams is that they don't scale in size.......

A beam dealing 10 million damage per tick should LOOK HUGE!!! Like a giant laser of death, not a laserpointer like all beams look like atm.
    In addition to your proposal I suggest that the visible laser 'size' increases with damage (hit detection still the same, it will only hit the block in the center of beam.

Previously you could add glass in front of cameras so you didnt see beams, only the blocks they were hitting.
    This was a really useful feature when mining (so you could actually see anything), HOWEVER its since been patched out.....
    I would also suggest that this is re-implemented (at least on one type of transparent material) as it was extremely useful.
    Cheers!

Reactions: Dellexe

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm all for huge looking beams but if my beam only damages blocks adjacent to a point it will look odd if it looks like its 10 blocks wide.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm all for huge looking beams but if my beam only damages blocks adjacent to a point it will look odd if it looks like its 10 blocks wide.
    The 'glare' or light effect could be increased, leaving the original beam at one black wide.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This has be suggested before, and deserves to be repeated every time. Effects should scale with the weapon. In the mean time, I would love to see a one block wide beam. :)