Update Realistic Texture Pack

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I really would like to know why there hasn't been an update to the realistic texture pack. The default and pixel ones have been kept up to date, but the realistic is still missing the textures for the warp gate blocks the jump drive blocks and the new basic hull.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Default, is well default. Pixel is easy because its a simpler style. Realistic used to be default but that has changed. Also there is only one person working on the texture pack. That person also has a regular life outside of starmade and is working on other things for starmade such as the new UI.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Default, is well default. Pixel is easy because its a simpler style. Realistic used to be default but that has changed. Also there is only one person working on the texture pack. That person also has a regular life outside of starmade and is working on other things for starmade such as the new UI.
    exactly, default is more or less a continued version of realistic.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I love the new default (not so new anymore I guess), and as aceface said, it's basically a continuation of the old reallistic. But I'd still like to see the cartoony pack updated, at least unofficially (I know kupu is busy with the new UI) because it used to be one of my favourite texture packs, and pixel isn't nearly the same...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The realistic pack was never suppose to be in the game for the launch on steam.

It's been depreciated for nearly 2 months and is completely discontinued. It will be removed on the next release.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The realistic pack was never suppose to be in the game for the launch on steam.

It's been depreciated for nearly 2 months and is completely discontinued. It will be removed on the next release.
    No it wont, the updater doesn't delete files, so those of us who have an install that dates back to the Cartoon days, still have cartoon :(

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    No it wont, the updater doesn't delete files, so those of us who have an install that dates back to the Cartoon days, still have cartoon :(
    It will be removed from the next release.

As in, the actual build we next release will not contain the pack.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It will be removed from the next release.

As in, the actual build we next release will not contain the pack.
    Yeah, but those of us with it already will still have it. thats what I mean :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yeah, but those of us with it already will still have it. thats what I mean :)
    Yup, not much i can do about that other than put a statement in the patch notes though. :/

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    That doesn't mean that it can't be a fan texture pack. I'm sure some one else can continue to work on it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Meh. I didn't really care. The new one is far superior IMO

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I Fixed It Myself
    (So here: )

(Since no one else has posted it yet) Here is a simple fix for the Realistic Pack:
    Replacement for ''t002'' file.png "t002", Replacement for ''t002_NRM'' file.png "t002_NRM"
    (I just patched in the missing textures from the default pack)

HOW TO FIX: ----(This takes like 3 minutes.)
    1. Open up your "Starmade" folder* and go to: data -> textures -> block -> Realistic -> 64
    2. Delete the 2 images titled "t002" and "t002_NRM"
    3. Copy/download the 2 images above
    4. Paste/move them to folder specified in Step 1
    5. Rename the images "t002" and "t002_NRM" (respectively). (I also labeled which image was which above)
    *The "Starmade" folder you do this in will be in same place as your Starmade launcher. (So if your starmade launcher is on your desktop, then your Starmade folder should also be on your desktop.)

A Personal Suggestion:
    Save these 2 images in a separate (new) folder within your Starmade folder (or just somewhere else), because when Starmade updates it automatically resets the texture images (the stuff in the folder from Step 1) to what they were before you messed with em, so you'll have to replace them again. (And you'll need somewhere to copy them from.)

(Otherwise you'll have to come back here.)

*This is only a fix for the 64x64 resolution. But, I can fix the other 2 as well, if you guys want.

I had actually been using the default pack for a while (ever since the realistic pack became "incomplete"), but then I was lookin back at some old screenshots I had from my realistic-pack days, and all my ships looked waaaayyy cooler, and I was kind of jealous. So, I then fixed the realistic pack myself and switched back to it. (yayyyy :P)