Read by Council Update Isanth VI

Reaction score
    I was in a battle and i realised that the only pirate ship that was actually doing anything to me was the old Isanth VI So for nostalgia and practicality sake please wedge it out and stuff so it becomes a modern ship

EDIT: The reason why the VI is so effective is because it uses simple cannons without any pairing, A basic but highly understated method that is very powerful. There is a Zero version that does this but the Zero Model line is so varied that very few pirate ships of the model ever spawn as opposed to far less functional models such as the BM (Beam-Missile)

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I was in a battle and i realised that the only pirate ship that was actually doing anything to me was the old Isanth VI So for nostalgia and practicality sake please wedge it out and stuff so it becomes a modern ship
    Well Schine said something about redesigning the isanth to better fit in with the new build style. However last i heard they still don't know what their going to do with it. Considering the Isanth (at least the Isanth Zero) is the game's logo, they inevitably have to do something with it less they change the logo again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Isanth Syndicate (A line up of Isanth style ships for servers)

Lots of folks feel the same way, OP.
    Though, I wouldn't wait on schema to do it, just do what everyone else does, and sex-up the old VI Yourself. Hell, it's practically a rite of passage in this game to screw with the default Isanth, even I did it...

Granted, this isn't the same as having a revised Isanth VI included with the default game installation, but at least it's an option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Made a redesign of good old Isanth VI too, and could not resist to add some improvements. The ship got 1 meter longer, approx. 8 tons heavier, but faster (max 125,2 m/s) and more agile (it got an engine cluster nearly tvice as big as it used to). Also slaved a cannon computer to its main guns and transferred some of the barrels to slave (efficiency 52%). To make it stealthier and sturdier, gave it a jammer and 6 shield chargers (YESS, this baby now actually CAN regenerate its shields, as it used to). And if you want it in your fleet - it now features a BOBBY AI inside, right on top of its core. Also going to replace part of its power reactors with capacitors to let this baby have even more energy, but this mod is not ready by now.

Here's your Isanth-VI mod B. Just unpack the archive to your Blueprints folder

Screenshots will be a bit later
    [DOUBLEPOST=1467111611,1467109969][/DOUBLEPOST]

EDIT: The reason why the VI is so effective is because it uses simple cannons without any pairing, A basic but highly understated method that is very powerful. There is a Zero version that does this but the Zero Model line is so varied that very few pirate ships of the model ever spawn as opposed to far less functional models such as the BM (Beam-Missile)
    BTW VI is so effective not only due to its armament (actually, CC combo seems to be even more effective), but also due to its tiny size. Zero is almost 3 times larger and thus easier to hit, and most other stats between the two are similar.

Attachments

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I know i have done it alot mine had very fast firing cannons with missiles. With shields added and it turned into a standard heavy combat fighter in my fleets because it was so effective further modding added warhead torpedos as a option within the hull to protect the warheads better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK, completed internal modifications of our beloved Isanth. Was able to make it even faster while maintaining the same firepower and adding some power capacitors inside. New version weights 90,5 tons, has a nice IVA with cockpit, CC cannons (just the same as Isanth VI b), fully accessible components from the inside, top speed of 130,5 m/s and even improved shielding (8 capacitors and 12 rechargers). Power supply got smaller, but still is capable of full thruster power and continuous shooting simultaneously. Using jammer and shooting at the same time depletes the power bar, but slower than on VI b.

Isanth VI-b2.png Isanth VI-b2 IVA.png Isanth VI-b2 Stats.png

Forgot to mention, it lost her gravgen (did it need it?) and got its doors moved to a more logical location (Access from the bottom? Especially fun in case you're on a flat surface on a planet).

P.S. Had to do a tiny update, only just now found that cockpit configuration made it impossible to get into the pilot's chair (and even funnier - get out of it). File updated

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I saw them. Nice work, but didn't enjoy how cannons were made, I made mine a bit more skeletal. Also, what about interior? From what I see, they are basically the same "Flying Generators" as they used to be.

By the way, if you could make Zeros better combatants it would be great. Like they are now they are too weak even compared to basic VIs. Too large and bulky to miss...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol made those as a sort of Stop Gap until I could come up with an upgraded design later. Basically all I did with those was try to bring their power systems up to the current patch at the time with as little change as possible if possible from the originals. That said I think a total overhaul is in order. Think I should take a hull of them and hollow it out to totally redo the systems better. Basically people were complaining how the Isanths couldn't shoot due to the changes in power since they were made so that's what spawned those monsters you see. XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Did sombody say Isanth VI ? *Shameless self promotion coming*
    Isanth Custom Cc

The ship is pretty effective for its size. But I decided against bothering with any interior space. I couldn't justify it at that size as I wanted it to be extra effective at the time. It was going to be a fighter used on my carrier ships.

I have a hollowed out hull of an Isanth Zero waiting for me to get around to it. Eventually I may riff on the VI more and make some more variations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Idea: to house a better generator you can use gun nacelles, this adds 4 meters for gen size. Also a hole in the middle of engine cluster can provide an extra 1-2 m (just don't break the last block, or the generator will become visible) depending on actual cluster setup. Technically the maximum generator size which can be put inside VI is 15x15x5.

Hmmm... I guess I know how I can even double the power output of VI... Will try tomorrow. The trick is not to ruin its interior and armament while fitting inside the second generator...

Posted my baby on Community page. Also, StormWing, you got your advertisement ;)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I know I can fit at least a set of 4 reactor lines going front to back and another 4 going from the left to right sides. There is a way to max it out further but that'd cut into power capacitors you could put into it. Mostly all the thing needed was a way to hold the capacitors. I'm thinking there is a way to make it so you can use full Primary, Secondary, Effect combos on it but I'd need to go back and rework mine again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only trouble with 4 lines of generators is that it will ruin the interior of the ship. I'd like not only to keep it's exterior, but to add a nice interior to make it look like a pilotable ship, not like some mad AI product ;)

Will try to fit 2 generators inside now, if I succeed the VI will get nearly 17k or power regen. That'd allow me to strap some kind of effect to its guns. Possibly punch-through or piercing. Ion doesn't have much sense, most targets Isanth will face either overwhelm it too quickly or have not enough shielding for Isanth to benefit from Ion cannons. Possibly explosive will go, too.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK, redesigned my version. AGAIN. Now it has mostly the same parameters except for power regen (15,5k now) and shields (2,2k). Top speed, handling and firepower unchanged, interior still exists. Shooting with jammer on is now not a problem, the power regen covers all expenses. Still no mods though, can't figure what's best for this baby. Also got a Faction module.

Hmmm... Maybe I should add a stealth module? Invisible Isanth-VI...

Who kows, maybe finally there will be an ideal Isanth-VI...

Also, should I bother with Zero, or should I leave it for you?

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'll throw my refit into the bunch.

Isanth 6 Updated

(note, I have something else targeted in this screenshot, sorry).

Aside from modernizations, I also replaced most of the armor with standard hull as this thing is intended to be an enemy for new players (that said, the glass is purple crystal armor).

Edit: Updated the content post with some more information. Also, here is the interior.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Daniel L.