Update in one day...maybe?

Reaction score
    http://bugs.star-made.org/versions/40

>1 day

What do you think it is? I doubt the update is coming this early but I hope at least we get to see some of the mechanics in beta test. Either that or we at least get to have a small preview of the new docking.

I doubt it's the new docking/rail, it's probably just more gui functions. (which is good on it's own but not quite as interesting.)

But anyway, hype thrusters on slow burn? Who else hopes it's something? Place your bets gentlemen.

Reactions: aceface

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Alright so if that list is anything to go by. I can see....

- Toggleable auto linking with adv. build mode.

- Scope Effect. Likely for piloting? This sounds sweet.

- Logic access while flying via hotbar. People will like this one.

- Locked aiming reticle.

The rest is stuff I don't know much about. Looks like changes to some values, AI and other things. I'm betting we will see these eventually. Not really sure if schema updates this list often since only a few things are checked. It does say AMC firing reducing FPS has been taken care of :D

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    as hyped as i am for the rail system/docking revamp I doubt that its coming anytime soon.

if anything its going to be a bug fix/GUI optimizations update. Kupu did confirm that the galaxy map icon have been updated and certain artifacts from the old GUI were updated.

after this one then the hype train can restart

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    There seem to be several very major (to me anyway) bug fixes and tweaks. It looks like point defense might actually be workable finally. Also an effect which I worked long and hard to try to finagle might now be simply a menu choice, to get missiles (and other weapons) to stagger their fire instead of all wanting to fire all at once. For many people, being able to activate logic from your hotbar is going to open up a lot of possibilities.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There seem to be several very major (to me anyway) bug fixes and tweaks. It looks like point defense might actually be workable finally.
    i still dont know what people mean by point defence can you explain it please?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    i still dont know what people mean by point defence can you explain it please?
    Point Defense is the term used to refer to systems designed to shoot down missiles (and sometimes fighters). In Starmade this is usually done with small turrets using cannon/cannon (equal ratio for highest rate of fire) and with the bobby AI set to 'missiles'. Those turrets will then target missiles and attempt to shoot them down before the missiles strike the ship.

Up till now point defense has been seriously hampered by a number of problems that greatly reduced it's potential effectiveness. This gave a disproportional power to missile attacks, as the theoretical defense against them was simply not working properly. The upcoming changes may address this sufficiently for point defense to work properly.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    - Logic access while flying via hotbar. People will like this one.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? *Jumps all over the place and runs on walls*
    *Hype overload*

Is that in the "to-do" list or the "done" list? Hopefully it's in the latter. Oh the sweet sweet drone glory.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? *Jumps all over the place and runs on walls*
    *Hype overload*

Is that in the "to-do" list or the "done" list? Hopefully it's in the latter. Oh the sweet sweet drone glory.
    It says it is not finished. Just that it was scheduled.

Reaction score
    Hey, I just met you
    and this is crazy
    But here's a bug list
    So update maybe

(I'm so very sorry, but OP's subject just stuck that ear worm in my head, and I felt compelled to share)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, if I look at that list I mostly feel it's a reminder what needs to be done or addressed over time. Actually I don't even think the order it's in is in any way an indication of what will be done first, but I can be mistaken of course. ;)

Nevertheless, there are a few very interesting items on it as Vanhelzing pointed out.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Bug #1564: Tall ships sink into their docks

Anyone have a good laugh at that one?
    All I can think of is the titanic music playing dramatically as the smaller ships sink slowly into the docks...ROOOOOOOSSSE

*Guy falls onto propeller*

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    All I can think of is the titanic music playing dramatically as the smaller ships sink slowly into the docks...ROOOOOOOSSSE

*Guy falls onto propeller*
    I had images of 17th-century sailing ships slowly sinking into a 40th century space station.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That just looks like a list of all current items listed as "in queue" in the bug tracker.