Suggestion Update complaints thread .

Reaction score
    So many people are complaining about the new update, so, instead of having people set up loads of threads, about why they don't like it, how about we set up a thread, that gets re-titled and reset each update, for complaints.
    Because surely, this must be easier than sifting though hundreds of complaint threads.

(I will probably flesh this out more when i have more ideas)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    1. I think we'll have to rename it to "Update Issues & Feedback" or something; "complaints" kind of is a little too direct/negative
    2. Hopefully, we won't have too many more updates like this that will cause tons of complaints, so this won't be necessary...
    3. Technically, we already have update news post comment threads for this.

Reaction score
    The only complain I have is that I wish they would take more time for internal testing and fleshing a patch out before releasing it. Throwing half-assed game breaking patches at us every week just for the sake of speedy updating is worse than waiting a year between updates.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The only complain I have is that I wish they would take more time for internal testing and fleshing a patch out before releasing it. Throwing half-assed game breaking patches at us every week just for the sake of speedy updating is worse than waiting a year between updates.
    Indeed. When we said we wanted more frequent patches, we didn't mean that we wanted every single config change that was being tested. It just meant that we wanted each system released when it's completed, rather than waiting 6 months then getting a mile-long change log of stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is very true. Every time one of these patches come out I quickly find multiple game-breaking bugs that seemed quite obvious to notice if you really play the game. I build ships and turrets a lot (playing the game) so I notice these things very quickly when, for example, testing my different weapon setups.

I think that speedy and thorough development is important to a game, but its success also depends upon the games' playability that allows it to develop a playerbase rather than just onlooking project followers. That's why I always push so hard for the devs to fix combat ASAP, because combat is a core part of what this game is all about, alongside building and exploration.

To andy's credit, his bugtracker is easier to use than i thought, so they get a good deal of reports from me regularly on these things. I make sure that things are spotless when it's time to help mop up whatever was missed.

Last edited:
    Reactions: AnnaShade017