[Update 9] 1:1 USS Vengeance [Star Trek Into Darkness]

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    1:1 USS Vengeance (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Latest post can be found here [Update 8] 1:1 USS Vengeance [Star Trek Into Darkness]

So, I will sum up this long story in a few short sentences. Deadlis and I, becoming best buddies, decided that the Enterprise was not going to cut it in this war of ours that we have going on. So after much debate... we decided that the best warship we could design in the spirit of Star Trek would be the good old USS Vengeance. So that's what we're doing now. This is going to be a full 1:1 replica of the Vengeance from the movie. The saucer (which is all we have right now) is already the size of my JJprise that I build so this ship will end up at the mind-shattering ~1500m long black ball of death that is the Vengeance. :D

Yes, we did decide to make it black because we decided that gray was just too light to be a good hull type for a ship that's supposed to be this dark... We tossed around ideas of mixing black and grey to create the hull aztecing of the hull but we think that might look bad as well... We'll get back to you on what we end up doing for the texturing of the black blob when we get around to that phase of construction!

The saucer at its current stage. It's a little hard to see the details because we're nowhere near the stage of texturing the saucer and various other parts of the ship (that don't exist yet)

Another shot of the saucer under construction

A shot showing off the... pit..thing? Where the... bridge...stick..thing? sits inside!

And lastly, I got really sick of looking and black on black and decided to switch things up a bit and build the bridge! :D!

Sexy windows

This is a huge project that will take a while. it won't be released in its complete form, if at all

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Very, very nice. I love it.

I LOVE that movie, and I LOVE the Vengeance. I applaud you for taking on such a difficult undertaking.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about detailing, to be honest. The Vengeance is a ship that is spartan in appearance, and that adds a lot of charm. I think it's supposed to be a black mass that is difficult to make out. Maybe adding some ice crystals could work on some aspects, but it's a possibility that with this ship, less is more.

Again, great looking ship. Keep us updated, please.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    well that is BIG!!!!!!and very accurate and can i help with the interior please!!!!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Quite the epic undertaking, must say it is looking fantastic.
    cant wait looks good so far
    Very, very nice. I love it.

I LOVE that movie, and I LOVE the Vengeance. I applaud you for taking on such a difficult undertaking.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about detailing, to be honest. The Vengeance is a ship that is spartan in appearance, and that adds a lot of charm. I think it's supposed to be a black mass that is difficult to make out. Maybe adding some ice crystals could work on some aspects, but it's a possibility that with this ship, less is more.
    Thanks guys, and no general :
    well that is BIG!!!!!!and very accurate and can i help with the interior please!!!!
    you cant help. Starfleet admirals only. sorry :(

quite abit of the engineering hull is done, then it is just down to doing the nacelles and pylons, finishing various uncomplete bits ,then detailing :/

therimmer96

Reaction score
    hmmmm how so
    Working for starfleet for a few months, raising through the ranks, proving you are good at the game. then waiting for a new department to be made. but then you have to be better than everyone else who is a captain at the thing the new department does. so yeah, have fun :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really wanted to see someone make this ship. I'm not disappointed :)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    I just want to inform everybody that I'm working on the Vengeance again! Yay! Resurrect the Vengeance thread from the dead! Yay!

Here's some pictures of what I've been doing:

Added engineering, because every great starship needs a Scotty! (Yes, I pretty much copied the engine room from the UNSC Infinity from Halo... I like it, shoot me...)

The view you get when walking in.

The main section of engineering.

Another shot of the main section.

The gargantuan warp core that's probably still too small for a ship this size.

A look at some of the pipes and stuff going into and out of the warp core. Spacey!

A shot of the current neck (and future deflector dish lol). The engineering hull shell is still only about half way done, and is VERY rough around the edges, try not to yell at me too much. :)

And finally, an EXTREMELY hard to see shot of the whole thing in its current state. The new update made working on an almost all black ship that much more "fun"

That's it for now. I'm just starting to come back to starmade after a little break, so hopefully, there will be some more progress at one point! :D

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    no as in large amounts of body are complete and now it is bigger

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Well, I wasn't going to post anything until I actually had something to show... but therimmer96 twisted my arm. So here it is. Some update pictures. Enjoy!

The nacelles still need SOO much work done it makes my brain hurt.

Got a different background this time so you can actually see the damn ship! Yey!

Last edited by a moderator:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Well, I wasn't going to post anything until I actually had something to show... but therimmer96 twisted my arm. So here it is. Some update pictures. Enjoy!

The nacelles still need SOO much work done it makes my brain hurt.

Got a different background this time so you can actually see the damn ship! Yey!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm currently making a half scale version of the Vengeance
    ATM it's 452m long, 306 wide, and 98m tall

Look at it's guns :D