Upcoming Crafting System Update Discussion

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is the thread to discuss the new crafting system, which involves the new ingots, crystals, and capsules.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Csn't wait for it. Wondering how it'll work. Also, does anybody have an idea of what refineries will do?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Before this discussion kicks off and we're inundated with queries; i'd like to note the current textures being used are placeholders. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Before this discussion kicks off and we're inundated with queries; i'd like to note the current textures being used are placeholders. :)
    You say ingots and capsules, or the crystals too?

For the topic, i don't know what crafting style they will use, but i like the minecraft grid style

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    ingot textures too? I like them,pls sir dont change them :P

Reaction score
    Does anyone know if the existing L1-L5 minerals will be transmuted to the new ores/crystals/metals? I hope so. Or will they become useless? Will recipes transfer over, or be scrapped? I'd really like to know what I can do with all the minerals I've collected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    A top down explanation of the new crafting system and how it is going to work would be nice.

1. Will it use similar methods to produce blocks. Namely the current system is a. gather x amounts of blocks b . make recipe (repeat a + b until you get a good recipe) c. gather required crafting materials d. place in factory to produce masses of blocks. e. Profit?!

2. If it's not a redone implementation of factories what will it be?

3. How will the cubatom system change(if it does) in relation to the new crafting system?

4. The feature of our current minerals?

There are countless other questions people probably have but these are the only ones that stick out to me.

Although...

5. How will you prevent infinite loops?

6. How will you prevent the crafting system from being used to make extremely large amounts of cash... (like we abuse for L5 recipes)

This post is assuming the developers have already have a plan and are working to implement the new crafting system.(Going to add don't overwork yourself schema, we've had quite a few good updates recently :D)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Does anyone know if the existing L1-L5 minerals will be transmuted to the new ores/crystals/metals? I hope so. Or will they become useless? Will recipes transfer over, or be scrapped? I'd really like to know what I can do with all the minerals I've collected.
    • Crafting - The existing crafting system is changing, we are retiring the old "L1-L5" ores and replacing them with a smaller set of minerals, the 8 new metals and crystals are already in the game as the new Crystal and Ingot blocks we introduced recently, the new crafting system will be based on the ores for these as a basic resource. You can still sell off your previous minerals, but you will no longer be able to purchase them from shops. (For additional decorations, try placing the new Capsule items.)

Reaction score
    The biggest thing I want from the Crafting is for it to mend the economy. I would like to see players mine for resources and smelt/craft them into the parts they want for their ships, rather then running to a station, selling half of it and building a ship with the money/parts collected.

I would like the crafting to add a more natural progression and hopefully help stop the 'infinite money' thing we have going on. I know this is overly optimistic, and you are free to tag it as such.

This is my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
    I don't know if it's going to stay that way but the current L1 and L2 minerals have already changed into the new ores and capsules respectively. I have no idea what will happen to the L3-5 they may simply be removed to make room for more block ID's.

Reaction score
    I dont know nothing about the new crafting system, but i find some blocks that there are not in the shop but you can find if you want to delete it in the new only delete x block system (i suppose a bug) Maybe they will be part of the new crafting system:
    -Mineral separator id 262
    -Particle press id 222
    -PowerBlockFactory id 217
    -PowerBlockFactoryEnhancer id 218
    -PowerCell id 219
    -PowerCellFactoryEnhancer id 214
    -PowerCoil id 220
    -PowerCoilFactory id 215
    -PowerCoilFactoryEnhancer id 216
    -Refinery id 213
    -Silver Bar id 342
    -Bronze Bar id 341

Versions where i finded 1.58-1.584

Reaction score
    I dont know nothing about the new crafting system, but i find some blocks that there are not in the shop but you can find if you want to delete it in the new only delete x block system (i suppose a bug) Maybe they will be part of the new crafting system:
    -Mineral separator id 262
    -Particle press id 222
    -PowerBlockFactory id 217
    -PowerBlockFactoryEnhancer id 218
    -PowerCell id 219
    -PowerCellFactoryEnhancer id 214
    -PowerCoil id 220
    -PowerCoilFactory id 215
    -PowerCoilFactoryEnhancer id 216
    -Refinery id 213
    -Silver Bar id 342
    -Bronze Bar id 341

Versions where i finded 1.58-1.584
    Not sure about the rest but I believe the separator and particle press are leftover from the original factory system. I'm not very familiar with the first system. I came in after it was changed to the one we have now.

Reaction score
    As much fun as the previous system was (construction loops are fun), I look foward to the new system hopefully making it easier to aquire inital recipies and make it more viable to build rather than buy (or BP buy). Admittedly, I like the cubatomizer thing, and having that see an overlook, while potentially upsetting, could also be really awesome. It requires a lot of clicking and back and fourth to get working well, so things that help out with that would be pretty nice.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    aceface How is this old? As far as I can tell this is the first thread on the subject and it's a relatively new subject, so what gives?

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    aceface How is this old? As far as I can tell this is the first thread on the subject and it's a relatively new subject, so what gives?
    I think he's randomly just going around giving Neutral ratings lately.

There is a Recipe in the current game that Turns Ore Shards into Capsules, which also works with The l3-l5s of the of the same ore type. They were renamed, but just match up the Ore with the colour in the shop. Not sure how to get them or something, but a friend set up Factories for me converting the Old ores into new ones.

As for the OP, I assume its just gonna be like the System we have now, but Not sure whats being used o -o
    I figure it'd either go Simple Minecraft* with just using different combinations of base materials to get stuff, or go that semi-complicated way of refining those Base Materials into various Fancier materials (like Capacitors) which are then used like the Basic Minecraft*.

But it honestly excites me a little cause it means factions will have to be a little more active, salvaging and collecting Pirate loot. Which I perfer over the current "Infinite everything" Factions have. I'll put some worth to assets ingames, and if Servers would switch to "Buy with Blocks", it'd balance the Economies a Little.

*Note, Basic Minecraft means like "Needs 6 X ore, 3 y Cyrstal" or "2 X Ore, 3 Y ore", Not the 3x3 Crafting Grid style.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    The biggest thing I want from the Crafting is for it to mend the economy. I would like to see players mine for resources and smelt/craft them into the parts they want for their ships, rather then running to a station, selling half of it and building a ship with the money/parts collected.
    Me too. Specifically, I want it to observe "conservation of mass". Basically; matter can not be created or destroyed (only changed from one form to another).

I want about 16 different "elements" (water, iron, carbon, ...). Each block should have a defined mixture of elements - e.g. a hull might be 64 iron elements; a thruster might be 20 iron elements, 2 carbon elements, and a 12 crystal elements; etc

There should be "element storage" blocks, where each one is capable of storing about 300 elements. These would be combined to get the total storage (e.g. 123 storage blocks would let you store a total of 36900 elements). The game would keep track of the number of each type of element currently stored in the station's elemental storage.

There should be 2 types of factories:
    • one that breaks a block up into its elements (e.g. you put a thruster in and get 20 iron elements, 2 carbon elements, and a 12 crystal elements) and places the elements into "element storage". This doesn't need any recipe.
    • one that takes elements out of "element storage" and combines them (e.g. it takes 20 iron elements, 2 carbon elements and 12 crystal elements from storage and produces a thruster).Mostly I'm thinking of something like a 3D printer. This needs a way to tell the factory what it's producing, which could just be a menu or something (it doesn't have to be an actual item like a recipe).
    Each element should have a value. For example, an iron element may be worth 5 credits, a carbon element could be worth 2 credit and a crystal element could be worth 12 credits. The value of any block should be calculated from this - e.g. a hull (64 iron) would be 64*5 = 320 credits, a thruster would be 20*5+2*2+12*12 = 248 credits.

Of course shops and people never actually buy or sell for what something is worth - e.g. shops would but blocks at a price that's lower than the block's value and sell for a price higher than the block's value.

Reactions: Krazykat

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I thought the whole point of Random recipes was to be a placeholder and nothing more? If they kept Random recipes then there was basically no change at all as far as I'm concerned.

Just cause you painted your door red doesn't mean people cant kick it down.