Unreachable ship

Reaction score
    I'm getting a major glitch! I took my ship over to a planet, put my ship in orbit around the planet, hopped in my shuttle and landed on the surface. After i finish my exploration, i got back into the shuttle and headed for the Tempest (my ship.) As i got close the game tweaked out and i was suddenly farther from the ship than i just was, while moving towards it. I finally manged to dock my shuttle, but then i got out of the shuttle and it happened again, i was now floating in space roughly 1500 km away, while still locked on too it. Suddenly it glitched again and i was about 100 km away. if i moved closer it would pop me back to 1500, then i just sit and wait and bam! 100 km. I can move away just fine but i cant get back in my ship at all! I've tried exiting the game and then turning it back on. I've even tried re-starting my computer, neither has worked! It's so frustrating not being able to use the ship i've worked so hard on......

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Are you sure you don't mean "m" rather than "km"?

Anyways, this sounds like an old bug from around a year ago where players would get teleported hundreds of meters away from their ship when they dismounted its core.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This sounds like one of the bugs from sector rotations, where you cross a boundry and the game wigs out and moves you :/

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yeah, looks a bit like exiting ship that got 'Turned' with the sector out of the border.

May you check and watch the 'sector you are currently in' is changing while glitching around?
    If yes, try to move the dock to a lower radius to the planet.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I managed to reclaim my ship! I had to bust open part of the hull near the core before it "threw" me away and bumped me back, then i hopped inside. It didn't like trying to leave that area either. I'm pretty sure it was an a error with it being partway between sectors.