Bug Unobtainable nacht bug. (Fixed)

Reaction score
    EDIT: this bug is now fixed :)

-----

So the weekend is here and i am still struggling with the nacht bug. as is, nacht (the ore required to make shields and possibly other items) is unobtainable in game. it should be acquired from the green asteroids, but when you mine it you get a yellow hattel crystal shard instead of the black nacht ore. (thanks to funnybunny14 for figuring out what was going on) this has already been reported on the bug tracker as issue #753 (but with a low priority, it should be bumped to high) but since we will probably have to wait until next update for an official fix. i was wondering if anyone could provide a temporary solution for now?

iv been poking around in the game files (specifically the block config.xml) and tried to see if maybe i could find a simple solution (like maybe both materials have the same block ID associated or something simple like that ) but alas i suck at code and really dont have much of a clue as to what im looking at. and hattel and nacht had totally different ID's associated so i couldn't find the culprit middle ground between the two :/

so that leads me here. is there any way we can solve this on our own until next update? something like,

1: open block config file.
    2: search nacht
    3: change ID from ??? to ???

is something like this possible? as always thanks in advance.

------
    @FunnyBunny14

Last edited: