Unlocking the camera, Cockpit now as a secondary Core?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Has any thought been given to unlocking the camera so that it's not bound to the Core or a Cockpit, but that it just follows around behind the ship 3rd person style? Similar to how most MMOs do it and allow you to swing the camera however you feel like.

While sacrificing realism, this would enable much more dynamic dogfights and allow you to actually look around at the galaxy, not just what's currently in front of you. No more wondering your mothership is going to clip that asteroid, or if you are actually going to fit inside that hangar you made. It would also make it easier to admire your handywork than taking a spacewalk XD

And since there would be no use for Cockpits anymore, what about making them secondary Cores for the ship? They wouldn't have any bearing on if the core is overheating or not, just 2 ideas for them instead.

• Use them as secondary blue squares to make other players not know just where your Core is. Kind of a dummy Core.
    • Use them to enter/exit piloting your ship instead of having to physically reach the vulnerable core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    well i wouldnt mind \"access tubes\" that connect to the core instead of making a second core ya know... kinda how plexdoors connect, just do that except when you press r on the block it takes you directly to the core... and if your not the owner, perhaps have some kind of progress bar of \"openning\" appear? i dunno... just tossing that out there

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you hold down shift and scroll out, you can accomplish 3rd person mode.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Unfortunatly you can\'t move the view around though, its fixed firmly on your ships backside. While I am rather attracted to my ship, however you can\'t actually see anything that\'s in front of the ship (like what you are aiming at) so it\'s rather usless. Especially on bigger ships. Honestly I\'d forgotten about that though, just because I rarely use it. I typically place a Cockpit floating outside of my ship at an over the shoulder location. Which gets the job done, it\'s just rather inelegant.

For instance, what I\'m suggesting is being able to hold shift and use the mouse to position your viewpoint in a style similar to build mode and just having it stick there til you reposition it again. Or holding right click and swinging it however you like similar to how MMOs do it :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In a rather large post I made, I brought up that larger ships have a hard time keeping aware due to having no turn speed and cockpits only being able to face forwards. In my opinion, the solution to this is to allow for turning one\'s \'head\' in a cockpit, but definitely not full on 3rd person viewing. People should choose between having protected cameras and having cameras that can see their surrounding extremely well.