Recognized by Council Unknown space

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's cool that there are so many things to explore out there in space, but I think it would be more rewarding if we didn't know what was in a system until we explore it. Right now I can see details of every system in the universe like I'm omnipotent. Seems like it would be better if you could only see the star until you have been to the system or someone in your faction has been there (maybe they have to scan it before you can see it too). Something like this seems like it would make exploration more rewarding. Also on a related note maybe we should have the amount of stations in each system be randomized between 0 and what we have now because it seems like they're a little to uniformly distributed right now - just sayin'.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    It's cool that there are so many things to explore out there in space, but I think it would be more rewarding if we didn't know what was in a system until we explore it. Right now I can see details of every system in the universe like I'm omnipotent. Seems like it would be better if you could only see the star until you have been to the system or someone in your faction has been there (maybe they have to scan it before you can see it too). Something like this seems like it would make exploration more rewarding.
    I think this has potential.
    I'm not entirely certain about the scanning part - I like the idea of the scanner having a use beyond revealing cloaked entities, but I don't yet see how this might work well.
    If you travel to a region, you can see the planets around neighbouring stars with the naked eye, without the need for a scanner. Maybe if the map would only show planets which have been rendered once EDIT: for the player or their faction (would need to be stored on the server, however I don't see a big problem with that). The scanner could then reveal the planet orbits and, maybe more interesting, the asteroid orbits, which would be hidden before.

Also on a related note maybe we should have the amount of stations in each system be randomized between 0 and what we have now because it seems like they're a little to uniformly distributed right now - just sayin'.
    As to stations, yeah... pet peeve ; )

Last edited by a moderator:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I agree, except that planets shouldn't need a scanner to be visible on the map, they should just have to be in visible range (Seems to be a little more than a system, or so.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Being able to see every single station that exists in the universe really upsets me about this game, and then learning that others would be able to see everything I went out of my way to discover makes me even more upset.

Scanners really need to do their job and not just be used for finding players.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I still find it jarring that undiscovered derilict stations and pirate bases apparently broadcast their existence to the entire damned universe, but shops hide like the cops are looking for them.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I want to be able to sell map data to people if this is implemented.

The only things that should be visible on the map are star positions, and planets should only be highlighted on nav when you're within a couple systems at most. If you can see it, you can map it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea... I really think Scanner options should be expanded on, too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What about you can only see what you or your faction has explored.... and players can also maybe 'sell' copies of their individual exploration (not their faction). Itd mean its harder to find players bases, and make exploring much more fun

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I still find it jarring that undiscovered derilict stations and pirate bases apparently broadcast their existence to the entire damned universe, but shops hide like the cops are looking for them.
    weeoo weeoo weeoo
    run its the cops

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    weeoo weeoo weeoo
    run its the cops
    Hey man, you not a cop right?

Relax, I just want to buy some salvage modules. You got 'em or not?

Yeah, I got your salvage modules, I got all the salvage modules you could want...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Tbh, I don't even know why it's not like this already, I think that it's supposed to.