Unjust Treatment By Moderators

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Dear fellow individuals of the community,

Yes, it is I, the infamous ObiShawnKenobi, once again complaining about my recent ban from IRC chat. The reason being not from "spam", but due to the fact that specific moderators have been ignorant and breaking their own rules that they have set forth.

Recently I was banned due to spamming and annoyance, but those are logical reasons since that did happen. However, another reason was flaming, in which I did, but I took the full blame instead of both "parties" that were involved in the conflict. The moderator present at the time was WarSong, who abused his own rules and got away with it. Not only that, but his rude behavior set a problem as well when I asked once again for my IRL friend GrandMoffTarkin's threads to be re-cleaned. I do not hold specific evidence since I was banned and kicked, but he said something similar to that he did not care. I began to quarrel with him over the disputed claims, and in a few of his replies to me he said "gtfo" violating Rule #2 and Rule #4 as stated below:

2. No racism, discrimination, threats or personal attacks of any kind are permitted.
    This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette. There are times when you may not agree with someone, or you've had a bad day and that's fine, we all have those days. But please, for your own benefit, leave your problems off StarMade Dock. Doing so will ensure that the StarMade Dock Community is a welcoming, friendly one.

4. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.
    This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette.

Once again, I admit I have broken these rules as well, but not until the "shots were fired".

I was warned twice and kicked twice, when I really should have been warned once and kicked once. It would be more even if both "parties" were punished or at least warned. I was then banned by MrFURB who saw the conflict still in process, and entirely trusting WarSong without defending myself.

In conclusion, I may have deserved a ban for some reasons but not all. The reason for this thread being posted is because of the continuous ignorance from the moderators, not answering my questions and not informing me how long I am banned for. I would like to see justice take foot and for WarSong's current position as moderator to be reconsidered.

~ObiShawnKenobi

P.S. You really had to ban me from Support, too? Geez...

(edit; Text colour. For the sake of the communities retinas -kupu)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I wasn't there so my opinion may lack merit in this instance. but it sounds like standard operating procedure for all involved. I could very well believe Obi was doing something worthy of a ban, I could very well believe warsong handled it in a manner unfitting of a member of staff and I could very well believe MrFurb gave him a free pass.

But what I believe isn't what is fact, so I guess we can wait until someone maybe resba or who ever checks the IRC logs to Review them, not really sure why we have so many moderators, including the new community members like Claru and bearish moderators and staff make up about 1/3 of the active community I don't think I have heard one complaint about those newly appointed. I hadn't seen warsong being well warsong in a while I thought someone must of spoken to him, but it sounds like he is going back to his old habits.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Obi, weren't you perma-banned from the community for constantly doing these types of things? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Christ, you will never learn.

Obi, you are a habitual problem user. This is not an insult, this is fact. Your failure to act as a positive member of this community has been well logged not just by the SM staff but also the web staff. Since you seem to sincerely believe that your past actions should have no sway over the way you are treated, I have to tell you differently. They do. Here, and in real life, if you fuck up it will stay with you forever. Why do you think people avoid getting felonies? It's because that crime will stick with them for the rest of their lives; they will be judged by others for it, and for good reason.

Obi, you KNOW that you and WarSong don't get along. I don't know why you specifically asked him to help you out in this situation, when you could have messaged literally any other moderator to help you. At this point, it seems like you want the drama. This sort of attention whoring is ALSO unacceptable per the rules of the forums, and I personally believe that you should be IP banned into oblivion.

Edit: for the sake of clarification, I'm going to list all of your offenses by personal memory.

1. Attention whoring pt. 1: for weeks on end you pretended that someone had hacked into your account to spam the forums and generally make you look bad. As the moderators found out rather quickly, this was a lie and it was actually you trying to garner sympathy.
    2. Attention whoring pt. 2: when called out on your lie, you started complaining about how it was you venting your frustration from real life. While I sympathize (much to my chagrin), acting like a retard on an internet forum is hardly an acceptable course of action.
    3. Escalation of conflict: See the Vaygr War. The conflict would've died down in a day if you and sephirothis hadn't stoked the fire.
    4. Chat spam: too many instances to count.
    5. Aggression against moderators: Besides warsong, I've watched you pick fights with literally every member of the old site staff. I haven't been as active on here and the chat has been far less accessible than before, so I'm not sure about the new people.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This crap again Obi? We've been through this same issue a million times already.

Is you getting banned really going to be the only way to get you to shut up? I'm really wondering that. Your behavior is so predictable and archetypical you're like an actual cartoon villain.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    2 warnings and 2 kicks? I might be Wrong but I recall it being More like 7 warnings and 5 kicks -w- but I might be thinking of the Wrong Time.

That being said, Warsong was not really in the wrong this time, but he was agitated, cause you would not leave him alone. Warsong is a special case among Mods because he lets his Mood dictate how he behaves in chat. When he is in a good mood, he's a pretty decent person, but when he's in a bad mood he over-exemplifies the rules to push out topics that he doesn't want to listen to. And when he is in the best of moods, He's almost to the point where you could report him sometimes (In a good way xD)

Point is, you would not leave him alone, and yet expect him to reply like a machine, but he's not. :u And your Normal Logic (Which is, for all those wondering, is "Annoy the fucking hell out of the person until they Rage quit chat out of sheer fury") Doesn't work against a Person whom -has- to moderate chat when he's there ._. ergo, you can not force him out.

I dunno, I wasn't really there for it :u But when you think about who was involved, it makes sense what happened. I am still not really pleased with Warsong with the past reasons, but I don't feel he did anything Wrong.
    I mean, after all, he DIDN'T ban you, he did try to put up with you. Chances are that if Furb didn't show up, you wouldn't have been banned at all methinks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I wasn't there so my opinion may lack merit in this instance. but it sounds like standard operating procedure for all involved. I could very well believe Obi was doing something worthy of a ban, I could very well believe warsong handled it in a manner unfitting of a member of staff and I could very well believe MrFurb gave him a free pass.

But what I believe isn't what is fact, so I guess we can wait until someone maybe resba or who ever checks the IRC logs to Review them, not really sure why we have so many moderators, including the new community members like Claru and bearish moderators and staff make up about 1/3 of the active community I don't think I have heard one complaint about those newly appointed. I hadn't seen warsong being well warsong in a while I thought someone must of spoken to him, but it sounds like he is going back to his old habits.
    ridik loves ridik's job :)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    That being said, Warsong was not really in the wrong this time, but he was agitated, cause you would not leave him alone. Warsong is a special case among Mods because he lets his Mood dictate how he behaves in chat. When he is in a good mood, he's a pretty decent person, but when he's in a bad mood he over-exemplifies the rules to push out topics that he doesn't want to listen to. And when he is in the best of moods, He's almost to the point where you could report him sometimes (In a good way xD)
    To be absolutely fair, bolded isn't exactly "acceptable" either. Mods are supposed to NOT let their mood dictate their actions, and this is what I have been told by other web staff.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This repetitive nonsense is getting stale. I didn't read more than half of the first sentence because I already know exactly what happened, if the past is any example.

Your innate ability to start arguments is matched by no other. If I wasn't so disgusted and sick of it I might have made you a medal.

That being said, I think I'm not the only one here that would prefer if you took whatever complaints you may have, and, say, used the flipping PM system and contacted moderator(s) about the issue instead of whoring for attention.

Eugh.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Justice? This is IIIIIRC!
    *tatte does something dramatic despite of lack of nearby bottomless pits

I came here to agree with Zyrr, with the public image you possess, there's very little community support available. It's not reasonable to expect moderators to put up with persons who constantly cause a fuss, I believe there's even a word for such individuals: trolls. Polish the mirror, polish your reputation and sooner than you think, moderators care as little about you as you should need to care about them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wasn't a part of the situation mentined nor I really recognize the user in particular as usually I try to concentrate on the content of people's posts, not who they are during discussion. However, I am unsure how much this thread is effective - shouldn't there be a better way of resolving such issues, like privately appealing to some higher instance?

It's understandable that people are willing to bring what they perceive as injustice on the public forum and in some cases it may be a good thing but I am concerned that this thread will be simply dominated by 'I agree/I disagree/I will watch the situation for my personal amusement with no valuable input on my own' now that a few folks tried to explain what may be wrong with OP behavior.

I don't know Warsong, though it's possible we did talk on one or two occasions. I do not know how professional the mod is (though I do hope that he doesn't let personal feelings affect his judgement as easily as CyberTao wrote, as it's his job to moderate the policy objectively for all individuals, even the ones found somewhat.. lacking in certain departments) but I also believe that should there be any issues with his work, again - a higher ranked staff should be noted to mediate (as much as troublesome this job may be).

From the account of other users, however, I am not sure if in this particular situation the mod should be blamed - even though regarding Obi with 'gtfo' IS way below what he should represent (and should be regarded separately), he warned the user before being forced to act and exchanged the messages explaining his actions afterwards, which does seem fair.

Last edited:
    Reactions: rece ktore leczo

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    For god sake, here we go again.

*Sits back, puts sunglasses on and watches the flames*

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I wasn't a part of the situation mentined nor I really recognize the user in particular as usually I try to concentrate on the content of people's posts, not who they are during discussion. However, I am unsure how much this thread is effective - shouldn't there be a better way of resolving such issues, like privately appealing to some higher instance?

It's understandable that people are willing to bring what they perceive as injustice on the public forum and in some cases it may be a good thing but I am concerned that this thread will be simply dominated by 'I agree/I disagree/I will watch the situation for my personal amusement with no valuable input on my own'.
    this is one of the wisest posts I've seen in a while o -o
    The main issue is that this isn't the first time Obi's made a post like this, and I assume; since its been days since he was banned, that he tried to PM a mod, and the Mods declined the appeal, and is trying to start a big fuss about it x- x

I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me, and the Previous threads have had Minimal support for Him and I expect less support this time around -w- Not to mention the fact that most of the active Chat community are more or less relieved that he was banned (Flaming and arguments have actually died down alot). Again, I could be wrong.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Can I just say, while not as many as you, I have had issues with the moderation of the forums and chat, more so with this site, and they have all been solved in PM's away from the community forums. This is not the appropriate place to drag your whining, especially when you know that WE DONT CARE, let alone support you. Take it to a PM. this thread is not needed, and you are trying to gain support from a community who is fed up of this.

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    D

Deleted member 301635

*Whips binoculars out of trenchcoat and begins observing with interest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.