Unity Ascension

Reaction score
    Hey everybody, I've just finished (for now) my first ship I'm happy enough with to share here. I should probably preface this by saying that, having seen a lot of the ships built and shared here, I have a long way to improve- This is my first ship I've built with this level of detail, amount of planning in terms of systems, and my first time using turrets at all.

That being said, I'm quite happy personally with the result! So, I present to you the Unity Ascension.

Mass: 2.7k
    Length: 85m
    Power: 2.6 million (630k / second)
    Thrust: 4,158
    Shields: 415k (10,750 / second)
    Weapons​
    Cannon - 1000 blocks split over 6 groups. 57% AMC effect, 83% Ion effect
    Beam - 600 blocks split over 4 groups, 30% AMC effect, 50% Punch-Through effect
    Missile - 580 blocks split over 10 groups, heat seeking
    Turrets - 2 medium AMC turrets, 6 small AMC turrets
    Other Systems​
    Jump Drive - 60 blocks
    Passive Overdrive effect - 13% max speed increase
    Salvage - 160 blocks split between two beams

Designing this ship, my general idea was to be able to take on some of the default pirate stations, as well as being effective vs smaller fighters. The (mostly) ion cannons are primarily to drain shields of a target, while the punch through beam cannons were designed to do damage to systems and aim for the core of smaller ships. The missiles are heat seeking with the goal in mind of targeting multiple fighters at once. Key to all of this is the ship being decently mobile, which I feel I've achieved. I also wanted this ship to be aesthetically pleasing.

Some flaws I may look to improve on in the future- the beam cannons aren't particularly strong, I may look to link them with overdrive modules instead of punch through, which I'm not particularly in love with. The interior is nothing more than rudimentary, which isn't ideal. I need more practice designing interiors and I plan on detailing it better, although I can't expand it due to the surrounding ship systems.

Anyways, I hope you like it! I'm keen to hear your feedback, good and bad, although do understand that I don't have much experience in Starmade, and I have a long way to improve, or, er, ascend. I should really stay away from puns.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Really interesting color scheme btw, I really don't see pink-ish colors that often :D. It's a bit reminiscent of Tron actually, very nice.

Reaction score
    Beautiful ship! Glad that this was your first ship to showcase.

I'll bet you have this wondrous feeling of feeling accomplished. Now, you need to start designing the next ship!

Reactions: LucasMade