United Colonial Systems Shipwright

Reaction score
    Several of our regular viewers have adopted this format as well. The crates are 9x9x17 and can be built vertical or horizontal. There are central rail dockers on at least 4 sides. The front and back, top and bottom are mandatory and the rail dockers are facing in the up/forward position. There are optional dockers on the additional long sides and they will face the same direction as the others on the long side (Forward in the case of a horizontal crate and up on a vertical crate).
    ... mainly because it's close to "decimal" 10x10x20 and still allows two containers wide stacked against one container's long side.

Besides central top and bottom simple rail dockers, there are USD compliant access doors at the front and back, and apparently nobody has seen a use for side dockers yet :)
    I always like to see other container designs, and in such variety too!

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I do believe this ship is ahead of it's time...

While I love the Bullshark the inability for turrets to prioritize targets based on field of fire means that any turret that decides it wants to fire on a ship on the other side of her means those turrets are useless. I can't even put the broadside towards a ship and expect all the turrets to fire properly. More combat trials are necessary.

Reactions: Valck and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I started building this beefy beauty for the fleet competition but unfortunately procrastination means she was not finished in time. The UCS Civilian/PMC Frigate still has no name but I am really happy with the turnout of the ship so far. She has already gone toe to toe with my Longsword even in an in an unfinished state.

I have to say I love the turrets I built for this design as well. I wasn't sure how the "civilian" grade turrets would end up. I think I stayed fairly true to my original design and they are also self supporting so they can be used on any ship regardless of how robust the power infrastructure of that ship is.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like this idea of standardised cargo containers... I wonder if it's worth our while trying to come up with a universal standard, akin to what USD did for docking?
    • both your standards have top and bottom rail dockers
    • both standards have 9x9 cross-section
    • Sven's is length 17, Valck's is length 19
    • end caps differ: Sven's has mandatory dockers, Valck has USD connectors
    EDIT: ah, looks like we've got a thread on this subject already: Standardized Cargo/Shipping Containers

Last edited: