United Colonial Corps Shipyards and Fleet

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just an updated family photo

From left to right: (WIP) drop ship, Condor Gunship, Stiletto Corvette, Dagger Gunboat, Longsword Frigate

I park my turreted ships away from my base and it makes for a nice photo op. I kind of want to build new corvette and gunboat designs, not that there is anything wrong with the Stiletto or Dagger but variety is the spice of life. I also am going to make a Longsword refit/variant known as the UCC Carnage. This refit will replace the four aft turrets with four destroyer grade Linear AMC Batteries.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    No! Bad destroyer! you do not shoot our bases turrets! That\'s a bad destroyer! No biscuit for you!

I have most the forward section interior done on my destroyer, today I also moved the aft cannons so that should hopefully help with filling in the wings. The lowest deck I just filled with more crew quarters and below that is a maintenance deck, basically dead space I didn\'t want to just pack with shields. If I the ship had bigger missile tubes I would put some decorative missiles there but I guess I\'ll save that for when I build cruisers.

I\'ve also got most of the rough ideas for my next few ships, adding some unique twists to the design to make the ships more unique while still being aesthetically similar. The next ship will be a light carrier, around the size of the destroyer. Then I will build my battleship and after that a carrier. In between all this I will of course take breaks to work on UCS ships as well too. When all that is done then I may move onto a cruiser and battle cruiser which will have a heavier focus on missiles instead of cannons.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Today I attempted to build the main turret on my destroyer and failed... I tried a three barrel turret and it just looked weird, however once I extended the stumpy barrels another 10 meters it now looks amazing and my destroyer will feature three of these

It deals over 3600 damage per individual shot, it\'s fully self powered so it doesn\'t even need power from the mother ship. The turret is also equipped with 4 small SD-BB missiles dealing around 300 damage each, it should be a nice addition when the AI can finally utilize that missiles fully.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My destroyer is almost done, I have a bit of ADD so I only work on it in pulses before heading off to do something else

I only have one section of dead space to fill in, to build the main gun and give it some more external detail to brake up the monotony of some of the areas.

Reaction score
    uuuh daaaa *regains composer* Despite your massive, awesome, powerfull super ships of amazingness... Ahem, the HA will still defeat those awe-inspiring... ships of yours.

(who are we kidding, those beasts look awesome and fill the bill of Capital ships, rather then the average long plank of hull we see usally)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My Un-designated destroyer has now left space dock to begin combat trials. The interior and exterior are 100% done baring any last minute tweaks. I\'m not at all happy with the turret I built today though but shouldn\'t take to long to build a new one. My two barrel version of that three barrel turret I posted earlier has the same problem of looking way to big and bulky for the ship. It\'s powerful yes, but really lacks in the elegance that I am used to.

I took on a Nocturne Heavy Destroyer to test my metal and my destroyer came out of the fight without a scratch, the shields were hurting though so it was a good test against the AI and the VFW has an extremely close class system to the UCC, a trained pilot at the helm of the Nocturne would have put up more of a fight.

I didn\'t have any black missile turrets in my catalog and the one I had on previously got blown up by previous combat trials. You can also see the destroyer taking on pirates that decided to attack as I was taking pictures, the next screen shot I took actually captured my death...

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The FTR2-641-1A2 Swallow Deep Space Scout

The Swallow is a very unremarkable ship, she was our first attempt at a heavy fighter but due to poor armaments and thrust she isn\'t suited for combat at all. If it were not for an overall love for this ship she would have been bound for the scrap heap long ago (One of my favorite designs regardless of it\'s shortcomings and was the inspiration for the design of all capital ships to follow). She has now been classified as a deep space scout in order to get a spot in the catalog and remain in service.

Mass: 64.1
    Length: 19m
    Height: 11m
    ?Width: 15m
    Thrust: 51.7 (poor)
    Power: Standard
    E/Sec: 4601.4
    Shields: 12638
    S/Sec: 705

Armaments:
    Twin Linear Antimatter Batteries @ 164 DMG x2
    ?Single SD-BB Missile Tube @ 256.5 DMG

Download: http://star-made.org/node/12850

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I wasn\'t happy with the changes I made to the Condor prior to release to make it work with the turret update so she needed a refit and I am 100% happier with the A2 and she is a much more capable ship.

The FTR5-1298-1A2 Condor Gunship

The Condor Gunship sure is an ugly bird but she packs a lot of firepower for a small package. The Condor is primarily used as a patrol ship and when show of force may be needed (uppity civilians) but is poorly suited for fleet operations due to is poor armor, shields and maneuverability.

The A2 Refit brings adjustments to the power, shields, on board weapons and changes the compliment of turrets. The SD-BB missile tube was drooped in favor of more AMC output, although the computer is still equipped. The Condor is now packing three twin barrel low profile deckguns and two multi-purpose light turrets to take the role of the removed on board missile tubes. Overall she is a meaner bird with a cheaper pricetag to boot.

Mass: 1287
    Length: 26m
    Height: 12m
    Width: 25m
    Thrust: 240.5
    E/Sec: 10492.3
    Shields: 25720
    S/Sec: 1176

Armaments:
    Four Linear AMC cannons @ 104.3 DMG
    Three Twin Barrel Low Profile L0 Deckguns @ 66.9 DMG x2
    Two Duel Purpose L0 Turrets:
    AMC @ 91.2 DMG x2
    SD-BB @ 200 DMG x2

The Condor A2 deals over 400 more damage per shot than the A1

?Download: http://star-made.org/node/12851

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The FTR4-431-1A1 Goshawk Heavy Fighter

The Goshawk Heavy Fighter is fast and well armed, she is equipped with four modular AMC gun pods, these weapons fire independently giving the pilot more focus on dodging fire and locking missiles. In order to mount the pods the lower section of the ship is also an independent module that can be used as additional protection if the main shields are weak/down. This modular design means parts can easily be replaced when damaged or even outfitted with mission specific modules.

Mass: 43.1
    Length: 18m
    Height: 9m
    Width: 23m
    Thrust: 134.8
    E/Sec: 4703.3
    Shields: 12227
    S/Sec: 668

Armaments:
    Two SD-BB Missile Tubes @ 195.3 DMG
    Four Modular Gunpods @ 101.2 DMG

?Download: http://star-made.org/node/12854

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    All of them. Been meaning to for a bit, just never got around to it. Wicked ships. A bit fat, but they all share an aesthetic that makes them look great together. I can\'t wait to get a few more of my own ships out of drydock, and have epic fleet battles agains these

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Somebody needs to make fat ships, you\'ve got blade like ships both tall and wide, needle like ships, flying wings, and just about everything else. My current project is quite flat actually but it\'s a UCS ship so it doesn\'t count.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen

Awsome Ship series! I love the finish on them and the fact you put an effort into similar design looks and overall \"feel\".

Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Presenting the UCC BC-117295 Scycle Destroyer:

The Scycle Destroyer has been a long time in development but has finally completed combat trials and its final inspection and is ready to leave dry-dock. This destroyer features an ample armament of turrets as well as devastating main guns, 2 docking pads, 6 airlocks, medical bay, galley, 4 mess halls, 5 shower rooms, main bridge, core room, energy storage room, twin Series Six Spiral Fusion Cores, cargo bay, and several storage rooms. The docking ports have direct access to the medical bay and therefore the Scycle can act as a field hospital if the need arises.

The lower deck has 14 4x4 sleeping quarters, as well as dedicated mess hall and shower facilities. The central deck has 26 4x4 quarters as well as the captains private quarters, and the galley, main messhall and primary washroom. The upper deck only has 6 two bed quarters for officers as well as their private facilities.

Main Bridge:

Fire control:

Series Six Spiral Fusion Core:

Aeroponics and Protein resequencers:

Cargo Bay:

Medical Bay:

Stats:

Mass: 11713.9
    Length: 127m
    Height: 50m
    Width: 87m
    Thrust: 25546.8
    Power: 174269.2
    E/Sec: 1243385.5
    Shields: 754725
    S/Sec: 18911

Armaments:
    2 Forward Linear Antimatter Batteries @ 451.1 DMG x8
    4 Rear Linear Antimatter Batteries @ 419.5 DMG x16

?6 L1 A4 PD Turrets @ 87.6 DMG x4
    8 L4-1 A2 Standard Turrets @ 178.9 DMG x2
    ?3 L1-2 A2 STS Missile Racks @ 301.1 DMG x2
    ?2 L5-2 A2 Standard Turrets @ 208.6 DMG x2
    2 L15-5 A2 Duel Quad Heavy Turrets @ 230.5 DMG x8
    ?1 L19-9 A2 Duel Quad Heavy Maingun @ 262.9 DMG x8

Download: http://star-made.org/node/13293

Reaction score
    lol i am the same way i have ADHD and i am making a fleet dreadnaught and i only have most of the hull of the bridge superstructure i have along build ahead of me

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thanks to the AMC changes the Scykle can now no longer fully power her main forward guns (And I didn\'t even use shotguns).

I\'ve been adding as many extra generators as I can without changing the ship to much, packed in more power tanks and I completely reconfigured the primary generators to squeeze as much power as I could with only a small sacrifice to thrust... and it\'s still not enough, even sitting still she cannot fully power her guns.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How do you get your turrets to do so much damage when they\'re so small?

Do they have low shields and siphon power off of the ship, or is it just black magic/actual knowledge of the game mechanics?

Or do I just rediculously overpower and shield my turrets?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My turret strategy is to always do weapons first, then add just enough power to charge shields (which I think actually charge from the mothership now but I don\'t think they did before) then I cram shields into whatever spaces I have left, usually as a buffer between amcs. Turrets are pretty much disposable and are easy to replace so I build them like that although my standard duel gun is pretty tough. The forward missile rack on the Scycle and lower deck guns on the Longsword never survive a battle intact and usually get replaced after every fight. Any parent ship should have no problem handling the load of small turrets so power on them is not a big deal while larger guns should have more power to offset the drain or be completely independent if possible.

Using two computers and alternating lines of AMCs also lets you cram more guns into less space giving you higher DPS. This doesn\'t work well for anything that might be piloted by a person as firing two computers is quite ineffective.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve begun the process of updating my compliment of turrets. The L4-1 A2 Standard Turret has surved me well but was actually the very first turret I designed and is showing it\'s age. These will all be replaced with L5-1 A2 Heavy Turrets, they pack twice the fire power in just about the same space, look damn good, and can fit just about anywhere the L4-1 A2 can, may require a slight mount reinforcement. If they do not fit the barrel can be cut back one meter and they will fit on any standard L4-1 Mount.

Next up is my new Heavy Gunboat known as the Shortsword, she packs a similar compliment as the Longsword Frigate (minus the useless lower deck guns and an additional two L1-2 A2 STS Missile Racks instead of onboard missiles).

This picture was taken after her first combat trial and while she returned with a black eye (and decompressed bridge) the run was a success. She has almost a 4 - 1 thrust to mass ratio and the rookie pilot at the helm was flying her like a frigate and not a corvette, she would have lost the fight had the captain not taken over and piloted her to victory by properly using the speed of the ship to outflank the larger opponent and broadside her.

I also felt like taking a gratuitous shot of my frigates.

UCC 701 Fubar (Fully refit, actually a 701 b, c or d at this point I\'m not sure how many times I\'ve gotten this blown up.)
    UCC 717 Acclaim (Being refit, she has a new main deckgun already)
    UCC 777 Carnage (This is a custom heavy refit of the Longsword, she packs 4 destroyer grade main guns instead of the compliment of turrets. Unfortunately due to fluctuations in the laws of physics is unable to power these guns anymore and will need a major overhaul to do so.)

I\'ve been delaying starting a new big project, codename \"Hammer\". She\'s not on the drawing board yet just in my head and will be quite an undertaking as it is the first of it\'s kind for me but a necessary step for making another planned ship. The Shortsword I was able to plan, lay keel, and finish in a single day (okay maybe I started planning a few days ago). After she gets a thourogh look over I\'ll release stats, gratuitous screen shots, and a download.