Uniformization of Entities

Reaction score
    So, I've had a bit of a frowny face about this for a while, here he is: :(
    Anyway, what the topic of this post is about is that I'd like to be able to put engines on a station and/or move it somehow (in the long run). I can understand if this would make a "faction home sector" thing a pain to deal with, but I'd like to have a station that can either run away or warp to a different sector when pirates are attacking, yet still with the station modules available for use. I'd thought about this before, and thought that maybe I'd be able to move a station if some turrets were docked to it with force beams, however that didn't work. To my knowledge, there are also people who would like to pilot ships disguised as asteroids, and this would save much time in the construction of such.

Synopsis:
    Please, either a) make all entities of the same type or b) allow stations to be given a "mobile" status.

EDIT: The first option is also realistic.

Thanks for reading.

End of line.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There is plans for a "Capital Ship" system, which will allow people to put station-only blocks onto a ship in exchange for max speed (Though, it would have a new type of jump instead of warp gates). This what you are looking for?

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And planets; do they still lose their atmosphere in the progress?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Technically asteroids are different types of entities to stations too, they use the same type as broken off debris for those using breakoff.

Reaction score
    CyberTao: Yes-ish, I was hoping something similar for the whole game (minus the speed reduction). I'm glad to hear that this is already a work in progress in that case.

starhaiden: That's the cheap way out. Let's assume that you are a lowly farmer who has somehow become rich. Now the admin ability becomes highly impractical. This idea is mainly for factions, although it could add other important features such as travelling merchantry.

NeonSturm: I'm pretty sure that there'd be away around that. On the bright side of what I'm talking about, planets may finally be able to move (albeit at an impressively slow pace)

karkinosz: I am aware of this; I wanted there to be an integration of all entities in the game (even player maybe?), not just ships and stations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wouldn't want too much uniformity to be honest, not without big constructs paying hefty price in their capabilities/defensive potential on account of being able to do a bit of everything.

Stations are eant to be protected. I can nearly guarantee that the moment stations will become mobile, people will simply start using them as ships, just with additional features. If stations are to move around, I expect them to do so at the speed of EVA player and with some subsystems automatically disabled till station becomes stationary again.