unhandled exception in thread open (ship name)

Reaction score
    so technically off-topic but could anyone help me out with this smedit error because it is preventing me from opening any whip blueprint files or modifying any of my ships at all for that matter
    here is the error code
    the error occours at the moment i try to open a blueprint file or ship entity every single time
    here is the error code
    • [SEVERE] Tue Aug 25 00:00:38 EDT 2015:
    • Exception: Unhandled exception in thread Open the USS nerf-4 : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -6 at jo.sm.ent.logic.TagLogic.readFile(TagLogic.java:55) at jo.sm.ship.logic.MetaLogic.readFile(MetaLogic.java:75) at jo.sm.logic.BlueprintLogic.readBlueprint(BlueprintLogic.java:108) at jo.sm.logic.BlueprintLogic.readBlueprint(BlueprintLogic.java:88) at jo.sm.ui.logic.ShipTreeLogic.loadShip(ShipTreeLogic.java:143) at jo.sm.ui.act.file.OpenExistingAction1$1.run(OpenExistingAction1.java:56) at jo.sm.logic.RunnableLogic$1.run(RunnableLogic.java:37)
    • [INFO] Tue Aug 25 00:00:55 EDT 2015: jo.sm.ship.logic.DataLogic: Reading from ENTITY_SHIP_the USS nerf.0.0.-1.smd2 - (0, 0, -1)
    As i said i would appreciate any help or advice on this and if there is a official bugfix could someone please point me in that direction.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The blueprint format was changed long ago and smedit never was updated. There isn't any way to fix that problem.

Reaction score
    well that sucks do you know of any other program that could be used to hollow out a huge ship?