undeathonator, factory, and plex lifter on ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the ability to place items like the elevators and undeathonators on ships would be good. That way you could have a mothership be a spawn point. however, if the core started to overheat you would spawn at another spawn point. so maybe have the undeathonator for a base/shop, and have a new item called something along the lines of Undeathanator (mobile) or something for a ship, so you would spawn at a regular undethenator if the core was overheating/destroyed. Also the elevator, seems like a simple thing to put on a ship, however programing that could be a pain for if the ship was moving. Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    becoming stranded/unable to move if it becomes damaged. If that situation occured, you\'d essentially be shit outta luck and stranded out in the middle of nowhere.

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe another issue of the undeathinator being mobile is that the respawn isn\'t the undeathinator, it\'s set to the block above it. The undeathinator just runs a command to move your spawn point if I am guessing right. So once the ship moves, your spawn point is left behind. Am I right Schema? Or other people who might be able to answer this. lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The undethenator could be left out, but the plex lifter and factory should deffinitly be able to go on a ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you were able to put factories on a ship, what would be the point of building a space station? Lifters should be fine, though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t like having a space station, i roam endlessly. Thats why i would like them on a station.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, the entire point of factories and undeathinators being limited to stayions is to force you to build them. If you don\'t like it.... I almost said \"too bad\" there, but that would be counterproductive. I think this is why we need some form of bulky space station relocation tech, may it be slow-charging jump drives or tractor beam towing.

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Make \"station thrusters\" which have 1/10 of normal thruster power and accelerate very slowly. Then you could go into flight mode with the station and fly away, but to accelerate to 50 and to slow down to 0 it needs to take at least a few minutes so that it is not possible to use stations the same way you use ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema doesn\'t have some kind of NASA-sponsoring which forces him to promote spacestations, and as the game is not even beta yet, he could just allow us to have factories and stuff on ships.

He probably faces technical problems with those blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking that the tube things going between factory blocks could give him trouble, maybe they don\'t move with the factory blocks when the ship moves.

Reaction score
    Plex lifters have a moving part that\'s already buggy on stations. It would be even worse on a moving platform. I\'d love to have in-ship elevators, but it\'s probably not feasible right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    would be cool in an update. and maybe just have it not recomemded to be used while the ship is in motion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m currently making a Terran Command Center and I ran into the issue of trying to put 2 of the 3 in it. =/

Honestly, I thought the undeathinator was allowed on ships because the way the description read.
    Buggy was I all assumed it would be so I didn\'t plan on moving the Command Center after I parked it; I could just migrate if I needed too.

However this is now not really as awesome anymore because of no plex lifts and no undeathinators on ships at all, instead of advised against.

Add an option that resets the spawn point to the last set undeathinator if the ship moves as to prevent the glitch that spawns the player wherever it was set instead of in the ship, but still allow people to set their spawn point before going planetside, or in my case, a command center with mobile capabilities.

With a universe so vast, this is much needed, and will be a necessity if planets and foot combat is expanded upon.