Unconventional Questions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just have some weird questions I can't find answers to without spending vasts amount of time doing science in the game that maybe someone has already done.

• What happens if you mine/destroy a planet down to every last block? Does the atmosphere go away or will it still appear to be a normal planet from a distance?

• Is there a calculation I could do to find exactly what it would take to destroy a planet in a single missile?

• What would happen if I connected two planets together with blocks? I have already made docking ports that connect to a planet along the outside edge, and they extend about 500 blocks away, taking on the gravity of the planet as if it was part of it.

Reaction score
    I am not an expert, but I know a few things.

1. Theoretically, yes. I have never attempted this though.

2. Missiles are incapable of leaving anything bigger than a small crater in planets. It could be done but I don\'t know how missiles scale. Use d1000 and chek the wiki.

3. This I know is impossible as you cannot connect two entities (especially planets). Rotation around the planet will also screw your planet bridge up.

i am no expert, but I hope this at least kinda helped.

Reaction score
    Beware building a docking station connected to a planet - but 2k-3k away from it.

The turning speed of the planet affects the docking station (greatly) and you won\'t be easily docking by pointing the docking beam on the docking block.

You\'ll have to search around, up and around, and fly toward and away, and then you\'ll find it. A bit annoying.

.. All while the docking station is constantly moving through space and your ship will have to manually follow it to catch up.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Bridge connecting planets is not posible? Tell that to Saber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za0wsvSFPTs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On the planet bridge idea, I have seen it done on a Starmade Youtube LP, but I\'m not sure how long ago it was, or who the creator was, OP. They were extremely lucky to find two planets that lined up perfectly, and built across. I suspect though that in the current game that planets don\'t remain the same distance to each other, which could potentially get strange when you have something like a land bridge connecting them, which cannot be broken by the planets pulling or squishing it. If someone knows a command to force-generate sectors with planets in, it shouldn\'t be too hard to test.

From what I recall on the video, the gravity of the planet lasted a fair distance off the planets, then it shifted to zero gravity, and the creator of that land bridge wanted to create docked \"gravity modules\" where someone crossing can reassert their gravitational plane to the bridge whilst crossing.