Unable to create forum account for steam confirmed registry accountdue to email

Reaction score
    (I have already put in a support ticket but i'm not 100% confident that its actually worked as I cant track it so im also posting here, sorry in advance as this is convuluted and really confusing)

Hi there, hope this makes sense so ill try and explain as well as I can using examples.

1. I made a registry account a while ago under (ExampleEmail#[email protected]) as (Username#1)

2. I changed the email on (Username#1)'s account to (ExampleEmail#[email protected])

3. Now that (ExampleEmail#[email protected]) is free I made another registry account under that called (Username#2), I then linked my steam purchase of starmade up to (Username#2)

4. When trying to access the Starmade dock forums under (ExampleEmail#[email protected] - Username#2) it gives this error:

Email addresses must be unique. The specified email address is already in use.

I assume it thinks that (Username#1) is still using that email so I just wondered if there is a way to let me access the forums under my steam linked registry account such as:

.Deleting the registry account that ISN'T linked to steam so the forums thinks the emails free

.Deleting the forum account part only so the emails free for (Username#2) to use

.or has the forums just not "realised" yet and if I leave it will it let me at a later date

I would appreciate an answer so I can start being active on the forums, thank you.

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    (I have already put in a support ticket but i'm not 100% confident that its actually worked as I cant track it so im also posting here, sorry in advance as this is convuluted and really confusing)

Hi there, hope this makes sense so ill try and explain as well as I can using examples.

1. I made a registry account a while ago under (ExampleEmail#[email protected]) as (Username#1)

2. I changed the email on (Username#1)'s account to (ExampleEmail#[email protected])

3. Now that (ExampleEmail#[email protected]) is free I made another registry account under that called (Username#2), I then linked my steam purchase of starmade up to (Username#2)

4. When trying to access the Starmade dock forums under (ExampleEmail#[email protected] - Username#2) it gives this error:

Email addresses must be unique. The specified email address is already in use.

I assume it thinks that (Username#1) is still using that email so I just wondered if there is a way to let me access the forums under my steam linked registry account such as:

.Deleting the registry account that ISN'T linked to steam so the forums thinks the emails free

.Deleting the forum account part only so the emails free for (Username#2) to use

.or has the forums just not "realised" yet and if I leave it will it let me at a later date

I would appreciate an answer so I can start being active on the forums, thank you.
    Changing the email on the registry, does not update the email automatically on the forums. This is a feature that is on the list.

You will have to send me a PM: http://starmadedock.net/conversations/add?to=DukeofRealms with the usernames and email addresses, explaining what you want done with them.