Unable to buy ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i finished off my 51k block dreadnaught on singleplayer last night - but when i came back on my friends server to show off my build, i couldent buy it - after hitting the buy button, all the turretts and the ship docked undernieth spawn in the correct locations, but the behemoth itself is represented only by its "blue diamond"

I went though this thought process-

I removed all the turretts and docked ships and saved again - didn't work

I moved to a clearer area (thinking i was low on space) - didn't work

I tried a different shop - didn't work

I found a thread online saying there was an error with the naming of the blueprints, (it said to go to the data directory of the blueprint and delete the 2 un-nessesery 'dots') but when i found the file there were no duplicate dots - so that didnt work =P

I tried loading other blueprints - now they wouldent work!

I tried saving to both the server, and the local catalogue - no difference

I tried saving multiple versions of the same ship and buying them all - didn't work

If anyone has any other ideas / solutions that would be awesome =] thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh! its also worth mentioning that these are both from the same version of the game, so i assume compatability isnt an issue =]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Get in your ship, bring up the menu, click \"Catalog\" at the bottom, then click \"save to local catalog\" and name it =]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tanks Man.

I havent downloadet the new luncher. If i get it do my saved game stil exist in the new Luncher?

:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Jamzi, if you want to show your friends a ship then you need to click create new entry instead; save to local catalog allows you to use it in singleplayer :) also I love your videos ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same problem, bump for schema attention.

I have been building a massive ship ( currently over 100k blocks) and from what I can tell, what\'s hapening here is bad saving. The ships dont spawn because the blurprint information is corrupted.

Only way I\'e been able to get around it is just keep saving copies of your ship untuil one works.

ie; save it as One- try to buy it.If it dosn\'t work, delete the save, Save the ship again as two, try to buy it. If it dosnt work, delete the save. Rinse and repeat untuil sucessus.

I\'d really like to see this bug fixed as it has cost me about 10 hours of work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried to replicate your problem ( I basically made a huge cylinder with a few pieces sticking out to vaguely resemble your ship) and added some turrets etc. I think the problem might be that either your ship is more expensive than the money limit (I made my ship out of those ice crystals to test that, and it didn\'t work) or that starmade doesn\'t have enough programming to copy large ships. Saying that, however, I have seen larger ships that can be downloaded, so it may be the money problem.

P.S. incase you didn\'t know, ships are priced by what they are made of (ice crystals being the one of the most expensive ingredients). There is a limit to how much money you can have, so perhaps the ship went over the limit and, therefor, showed a different price. I could be wrong tho :P anyway, good luck, and I hope you upload the ship soon because it is better than any other ship I have seen :D