Ultra-large Power

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is starmadepedia still accurate in saying that producing more than 1 million e/sec on a single entity is past the point of diminishing returns?

What's the most efficient arrangement to produce very large amounts of energy? I'm looking at a titan-scale warp gate.

(From my quick research, this beast is one of the heaviest ships on the dock, and would take 26 billion energy to gate. Give a healthy margin and call it 50,000,000,000 e. By the formula on starmadepedia, that takes 21.5 million power capacitors (single group) to store that much energy. So I'm looking for a solution that doesn't take hours to spin up the gate.)

(EDIT: I always use default settings for engineering because I figure it's the best policy if I decide to post something. There's too many ways to balance a server, so I figure each player should be aware of how things change on their server.)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you tried power-supply beams?

It would look pretty cool, a gate powered by reactors shooting beam at it.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If I remember correctly then the softcap was raised to 2 million e/sec.
    But yeah if you dont want to try and cut a bit down on the size of a gate then use docked reactors.

Reaction score
    Have you tried power-supply beams?

It would look pretty cool, a gate powered by reactors shooting beam at it.

Also allows you to power-down the gate in case stuff you don't want going through it does.

I had one with a bunch of spinning power gens circling around the outer rim, looked neat

Reactions: nightrune