Ultimate Power Regeneration techniques ^ examples

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello, I have perfect power regeneration on my ships but I think that there should be a discussion facing on power block setups.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I mostly just do 3 of the edges of a box that meet at a corner, and do a smaller one inside that, and just keep going until I run out of space.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just when you think you've sn it all you click this thread. You'd think people would know by know what the best setup is but no, apparently they still don't.

Don't tell people what works best, because it can all be edited in the config. Well that, and the fact that if you are usjng the default setup for thrust, you are completely, and utterly, miserably, horribly wrong.

Reaction score
    Just when you think you've sn it all you click this thread. You'd think people would know by know what the best setup is but no, apparently they still don't.

Don't tell people what works best, because it can all be edited in the config. Well that, and the fact that if you are usjng the default setup for thrust, you are completely, and utterly, miserably, horribly wrong.
    You don't have to be an asshole about it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just don't really like people posting things like this without checking all the facts.

Reaction score
    He wan't to have a discussion on other peoples power setups now please (and I am sure @MrFuz agrees with me too on this) if you have nothing nice to say about this thread, stay the Fuck away from it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Who posted what without checking what facts? I wasn't saying my method works best, I said that was my method of power. Nice and Easy to do, and more efficient than a big brick.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The bonus cap for lattice structures is one million. You can use this by attaching power generation ships docked to your larger vessel, which use logic activated power transfer beams to translate this power to the mothership.

Probably more trouble than it's worth, mind.

I'll just leave this here..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    :( :( :(
    Sorry. I was out of line. I won't edit my post, because that would make me someone who covers up his mistakes, and I don't want to be that person. I'll leave this post alone now, and @MrFuz : I am so, so, so sorry. I promise I will never, ever, ever do anything like that again.

I do feel I owe everyone here an explanation before I leave this discussion, so her it is:
    I was busy with the blockbehavior config all day, and when I posted that I had al sorts of starmade config terms in my head, including those of the power regeneration.

What I meant with "not all the facts" (that was a bit less mean, but it still was very, very mean, and that says something about how mean my first post was, so again, I am really, really sorry), was that you could change the way power works. If you were to set it to boxdim you would get the 'cube' setup as most efficient, and with others there would be other setups that would be most efficient.
    A tip: don't build a single power 'stick' too long, because for some reason that loses efficiency after a while. And don't build those massive sticks on ships, because apparently the boxdim influences turning speed.

I'll stick to opinions about facts now, and not give any opinions about people, because you saw what happens when I do post opinions about people. Bye.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I just use the old system of long seperate rows of power generators, sticking in shielding blocks and whatnot into the empty lines. I can't be bothered with making a hyper-efficient system at all.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The way power works is that you gain a bonus with each block that is added (by addition, not multiplication) to a single block cross section extending in every axis. So the most optimal power placement is to have groups that extend as much as possible in every axis without touching the other groups, up to the soft cap of about 1.2 million. A perfect example is what @Orphaniel did.

After that it doesn't matter how you place power blocks, they will only give 25 regen (per block). However, I still recommend placing it either in lines or in the more efficient (albeit complicated) extension in every axis method for redundancy, in case of damage that would drop your power below that ~1.2 million threshold.

Reaction score
    The bonus cap for lattice structures is one million. You can use this by attaching power generation ships docked to your larger vessel, which use logic activated power transfer beams to translate this power to the mothership.

How many separate groups are there in that? All the winding makes it not entirely possible for me to count.

Not meaning to detract or suggest it's better my methodology is better, I'd like to state my method.

Usually I create a series of beams along the length of the ship at the same height then another set along the width 2 blocks higher, then create a set of vertical beams that connect one row along the width with one row along the length. The idea was to create a number of structures that use the full box dimensions of the area I allotted with 0 blocks not contributing to the bonus per the way they work as I understood them.

I only use this on ships under or around 1.2mill power. On ships with much over that I do a set of simple beams to 1 mill in the center of the ship and add separate power as needed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    What you see there is 12 separate arrays, all of which are independent of one another and occupy the full size of the ship (such as it is).

Same effect different methodology. Nowadays I use a slightly different but ultimately similar method, as do most who understand the concepts.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    What you see there is 12 separate arrays, all of which are independent of one another and occupy the full size of the ship (such as it is).

Same effect different methodology. Nowadays I use a slightly different but ultimately similar method, as do most who understand the concepts.
    Wasn't that build back in the days of boxdim-multipliers, and not boxdim-additions? (if those would be correct terms)

Anyways. Power. Yes. I normally use setups like, 2/4 lines which extend as far as they can in all directions within the shell of the ship, and if that doesn't get me to my desired power regen yet, I'll add a few more.

After the soft cap of 1,000,000-ish you should just plop down many many many power generators in massive blocks. Oh, and make sure the main power lines never ever get hit, or efficiency will go down the drain.

Reaction score
    As far as I have gathered, the most efficient use of space per power generation is an arrangement somewhat like this:
    StarMadeEnergyShape1.png StarMadeEnergyShape2.png if you're building a stealth ship, you should build these layers from seven blocks long and upwards, until you hit the 1 million power limit beyond which configuration of blocks doesn't matter any more (and thus you can only build a stealth ship up to 6666, without doing funky things with internally docked power-cube ships) this limit is reached once you have a multiple nested 31x31x31 vertice arrangement encasing a 30x30x30 encasing a 29x29x29 [...] all the way down to 7x7x7 but this occurs only if you have two inverted arrays occupying the same cube of volume:
    Tesseract1.png
    You could probably put the two halves a bit closer, but then the arrangement wouldn't be occupying a cube any more.

Reactions: Runeseer
    Reaction score

Twelve reactors, now that's just beautiful. What are the dimensions on that thing without the extensions?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Twelve reactors, now that's just beautiful. What are the dimensions on that thing without the extensions?
    I am not sure, you could try and count the blocks. It began as eight, I remember, than I arbitrarily decided to add four more strips and then it got messy and became worthy of screenshot